"This system just cannot get any worse"

by JimmyPage 51 Replies latest forum tech-support

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

At what other time in history would you rather be living?

If I had lived a hundred years ago, I would either have 18 children or would have died in childbirth, half of my children would not have survived childhood, ...............yep, those were the good old days.

JW's no nothing about history, if they were to pick up a history book they would learn that we here in the USA have a better standard of living then most kings in the past.

• amicus
    amicus
    Children of Men

That was good. One of those very pleasant surprises from a random pick.

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

I started hearing that line in 1976 when I started attending a congregation bible study. My opinion is that this system is way better in many ways than it was back in 76. It can certainly can get worse than it is now.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder how those people that believe that lie would like to go back to the First Dark Ages. Or, if the Washtowel Slaveholdery has its way, into the Second Dark Ages.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

They'll say it in the same talk that they've said "We are so grateful here in *insert relatively lucky country* to have these freedoms / low crime rate / religious rights...".

• Superfine Apostate
    Superfine Apostate

actually this system is getting better and better. there's no such thing as "the good old times". things like human rights, emancipation, equality of "race", freedom of speech and so on are only recent developments. the farther back you go in history, the worse it gets.

while there are still very bad things going on today, and very bad things might still be ahead, we are living in the best times ever.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually the WTS says that humans on earth will reach the point where they say "peace and security" and then the GT starts. The WTS has also said that "false" religion will be a going concern, like a beautiful vase, and then suddenly it is knocked off the pedestal. The scriptures also say that the "end" will come at a time that people think not. So actually, things getting "worse" would be moving away from the start of the GT.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Worse??? Haven't they heard of W.W 2? No petrol no sugar or food, world conflict....atom bombs being dropped....2008 is a picnic!

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

At what other time in history would you rather be living?

If I had lived a hundred years ago, I would either have 18 children or would have died in childbirth, half of my children would not have survived childhood, ...............yep, those were the good old days.

JW's no nothing about history, if they were to pick up a history book they would learn that we here in the USA have a better standard of living then most kings in the past.

grandma had 14 children, 11 survived to live past 6 months.

my mom told me story that when I was born, the nurse mishandled another child, child died, and they covered it up easily without any legal/criminal investigation (1960's).

grandpa cut off leg on accident, had to take him on horse and buggy to hospital 1 hr. away. lived only 1 year past that event.

other grandpa got run over by train. Dad had to work and feed the family of 11 at age of 9 or so!!!!

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Yeah, good point Jimmy.

Whenever I heard that I thought 'Oh yes it can'. History proves otherwise, as others have said.

Here's an interesting video on the topic of violence:

Steven Pinker: A brief history of violence

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit