"This system just cannot get any worse"

by JimmyPage 51 Replies latest forum tech-support

• beksbks
    beksbks

I don't want no tuttie frutti, no lollypops..............

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

"This system just cannot get any worse"

It is going to, near term.

Fasten your safety belts.

Lol - I can see it now; mankind actually manages to 'grow' and work together to improve conditions world wide, and then religious zealots start yammering "This is not God's will! Things are supposed to get worse!" and then start hurling bombs. If we all have the attitude that things will get worse - heck, are supposed to get worse even, well, then that's exactly what we'll get. Things have actually improved overall, so much so that we've seen an incredible population growth in the last 50 years. Ironically, that growth also poses a challenge, but first of all it shows that overall, life expectancy is higher, people live longer and better etc.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Awakened, dude, you totally don't get what I posted.

We are un an upward trajectory for sure. That is the long term trend line.

Short term there is a shakedown going on right now. Read the news, oil is peaking.

I never bet against the family long term.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07
    Awakened, dude, you totally don't get what I posted.

Just to clarify, I wasn't thinking of you personally when I talked about 'religious zealots hurling bombs'. I just think it's a dangerous thing that many charismatic Christians and others have this doom and gloom expectancy, and I do fear for what they might do.

Short term, I have no trouble seeing that things may hit a low, economically for instance. It's happened before though; we usually bounce back (always actually, so far, otherwise we wouldn't sit here talking about it).

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

If George Bush didn't start World War 3 or Armagedon then I reckon by December when he's out, things can only get better.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I have a question. While it does appear that the American lifestyle and certainly the middle class is taking a hit, can the same be said for the rest of the world? I was under the impression that things in China and India in particular were on an upswing. Better standard of living, and more enlightened policies. Is that true?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Is that true?

Yes. However, increased global economic linkage means that the effects of a major US recession on these countries remains to be seen.

There are good arguments either way.

BTS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    If George Bush didn't start World War 3 or Armagedon then I reckon by December when he's out, things can only get better.

Some heavy hitters are predicting a strike on Iran after November (but no later than January), especially if Obama gets elected. It could all just be noise. Not WWIII, but worrisome. Israel is getting antsy.

BTS

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Fadeout:

Those are some great replies! Makes their mind do a u-turn, lol!

• tryingtounderstandjws
    tryingtounderstandjws

testing post
    line 2
    line 3

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit