Leaving the Organization but not the teachings

by donny 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

I think it's a dash of "where else would we go?", a drop of nostalgia, a spoonful of indoctrination, a cup of time invested, a pinch of 'need of eternal life', a grain of "fulfilled" prophecy, and a bag of 'fear of losing the community with (certain) brothers'.

Stir profusely, and what you get is a very dazzled, dizzy, dazed and confused ex-Witness, wanting to go back but unable to.

• sspo
    sspo

Most of my witness friends see all the problems of the watchtower but as some of them have told me, they will pick and choose what they want to beleive and do what they like to do but make sure no one will find out in the congr.

Down deep they still beleive it's the only organization that God is using.

Most stay in because of family and friends, not willing to lose it all.

• donny
    donny

Just an update on this issue. My ex brother-in-law called me yesterday and said that I soon should be hearing about "the greatest spiritual shakeup at Brooklyn that has ever been seen." He was quite evasive when I pressed him for details, but assured me that something big was on the immediate horizon. It seems the delusion continues.

Donny

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

A shakeup. It could happen. Is it doctrinal (their teachings?) or organizational (their hierarchy?)

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Excited by what I was learning here, I tried to show an inactive friend that JWs are actually a cult with a long history of false prophecy. He defended the Witnesses as the group closest to true Christianity.

When I was inactive myself several years ago I still basically believed JW teachings. I just didn't care for them and didn't want to practice them. Things are different now that I have made a clear study of all the evidence. My eyes can never be closed again.

Moral of the story: Just because someone is inactive don't assume they're anti-JW or that they completely understand the real truth about the Watchtower Society, Inc. Mind control carries on until a person makes an in-depth examination of the reality.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

And that examination is essential for true freedom from this cult.

Isaac

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I can't see how one can leave the oraganization and still hold to the teachings. So what is the purpose of leaving? I never could stay with the watchtower concepts and their so called interpretation of scriptures.

They are no better than any other religious organization as far as I am concerned. They do all the same things the churches do. They have the same corruption in them as do the other religions. So either your a JW or your not.

I personally wouldn't want to say I was a Jehovah's witness but I have told people my story and when I tell it I still say to myself thank God I had the courage to get out. I received that strength and courage not from any human being but from God. Through prayers and tears and begging and pleas and entreaties to God for his help and guideness and one day all of a sudden it hit when I was praying to God all of a sudden a calmness overpowered me like nothing I had experiended before. I wiped the tears from my face and I thanked God for finally answering my prayers. I knew exactly what to do. He opened a door and that door opened another and finally after that I was a new person free and liberated and renewed with a spirit of God and I felt as if I could soar into the heavens and reach up to God and say thank you for finally hearing me and leading me away from those phony Christains two faced, back stabbing, mircoscopic observers of your life it was gone pouff. I have never regretted for one instant leaving the organization, I wouldn't think twice about doing it again if I had to. I would help any witness who wants out. I know I did help one witness who was wanting out so badly and finally she and her husband left the area and moved to where no one knew them. They too could see that falsehood and no love anymore in the organizaition.

The teachings of love of God and mankind never came from the teachings of JW's. nope it came from my beloved grandma who was a wonderful human being and a very devout Anglican.

She was my mentor a friend, and a fabulous grandma ,she taught me to love God, to love my neighbour, to pray for the sick and the hungry and those who are poor, to love our enemies, to thank God for our blessings. Each night we would pray together and she would read me a Bible Story from a big book she bought me and when ever I stayed overnight she read them to me. She would hug and kiss me and tell me she loved me and God loved me and then I would go to sleep and wake up to a wonderful smell of grandma's cooking and the love she had in her heart for me and God. I will always remember her for all these things and the one thing she taught me most was to forgive people as we all make mistakes but God forgives us when we ask him and try hard no to displease him again. She was a true saint.

I think the greatest reason I despise theWTS is because they seperate families when a member is disfellowshipped. It goes against the natural law of love that God endowed in each and every one of us. And yet the WTS seems the think they are above that natural law of love God gave us and they twist it and tortures families with threats as far as I am concerned. If God had wanted disfellowshipping to be metted out why isn't it in the Bible? Like everywhere it is about forgiveness and mercy and anointing of oil or praying but not shunning . I just think they do this to keep JWS in line.

Orangefatcat doesn't like the STW. Oh ofc your so dyslexic its WTS. okay.

well whatever way you spell it I still don't like them .

• yknot
    yknot
    Just an update on this issue. My ex brother-in-law called me yesterday and said that I soon should be hearing about "the greatest spiritual shakeup at Brooklyn that has ever been seen." He was quite evasive when I pressed him for details, but assured me that something big was on the immediate horizon. It seems the delusion continues.

Okay that got my attention!

• yesidid
    yesidid

And mine!!

• Satanus
    Satanus

It could actually be something, or just a reshuffling of the offices of the gb. Believers tend to get all wet at the minutest gb movements.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit