Leaving the Organization but not the teachings

by donny 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• garybuss
    garybuss

It'd be like trying to turn a Model A Ford into a Lexus. It might be possible, but why would ya want to?

• Poztate
    Poztate
    It'd be like trying to turn a Model A Ford into a Lexus. It might be possible, but why would ya want to?

Hey Gary....They are still trying to sell their Model A as a Lexus but thanks to the Internet and people like you no one is buying anymore..

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

Its the worst damn thing to happen in my opinion. Some are more brain damaged than others by the WT.

Many in my wifes side of the family have left the organizaion but still hang on to the teachings, still limping along in a dysfuctional state of limbo land....it's bizaare. Good luck.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

People that have been programmed to let someone else do their thinking are likely to remain in the teachings, even if they leave the cancer. And the older they are when they leave, the more likely they are to be set in their ways.

In order to be free from the washtowel teachings, you really need to independently research the Bible totally without bias. That is extremely difficult, since society at large has been conditioned to believe that God is righteous despite the blatant evidence both in life and in the Bible that He is totally corrupt. People will kill and die for that belief, preventing them from being totally free of bias. And it impairs others that wish to lose that bias.

You also need to examine where the washtowel deviates from the Bible. Any time they have a major teaching that they use the Bible to back up, and the scriptures are taken out of context, you have further damning evidence. Christmas and birthdays are two major examples. Faith through works is another blatant example of corruption of the Bible by the Washtowel Slaveholdery. (Ephesians 2:8-9). If one attacks the monster through both angles, it is extremely unlikely that they are going to continue upholding the washtowel teachings or go back willingly to the washtowel.

• freethinker2009
    freethinker2009

All i say is that as a witness who grew up in this organization it is very hard to give up something you have been taught since you can remeber. ALL my memories are being a witness at no point in my life can i see a time when i was not. So to leave it behind is to basically leave your life, its a difficult and painful experiance. So you will cling to some of it despirately clinging to what was/is your life.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I know for myself that even though I've faded in the past and now only attend because of marriage that it's still a new thought for me that there may be no Armageddon and this old world may just keep on turning for the rest of my life.

• dark angle
    dark angle
    "I have noticed that those who were also raised as JWs, but who left an a much earlier age, have rejected basically all of the JW teachings (including the concept of God alltogether). Many of them have taken on a more secularist attitude toward life, or are agnostic. "

helo Jeremy,

im from the philippines and i was born as witness. my father was a former DO and my mother is still a very devout JW. I started questioning JW beliefs since i was around 15. right now i have very serious doubts about our fundamental beliefs and notions and i felt that JWs beliefs are quite far from the percieved reality of the collective knowledge of the world. and im really considering agnostic ideas. Its interesting to read your observations.

However right now i still attend meetings regularly due to my wifes beliefs and family ties but it always pains me about seing this people accepting notions without testing and verifying certain claims and numbing thier reason and common sense.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Excellent comments Jeremy C.

I simply could not continue to believe the argument that all Christianity had fallen into some terrible apostasy. It just became an absurd proposition IMO. The idea that Jesus establishes a faith and then lets it decay for thousands of years was simply out of the question. I reasoned that if I decided that Christianity was going to be my faith, I wasn't going to let an idea about thousands of years of apostate churches guide me. It was just to far fetched.

• JCanon
    JCanon

well, it's complex but..

Just as Jehovah set aside the Jews for a special purpose in the larger scheme of things and they failed to an extent, the WTS is the same way. There was a need for a Christian covenant setting through which the 2nd coming messiah would arrive. This is the reference to the "temple in its right condition" after 2300 evenings and mornings.

This is the JW organization. Problem is, they were corrupted early on by "weeds" that could not be removed at that delicate point. So the decision was to leave the weeds in place and separate them at the time of harvest.

Simply put Jehovah would use the organization to preach the good news and bring forth the messiah, just as he continued to use the nation of Israel. But once Christ comes, he'd separate the wheat from the weeds, the sheep from the goats and abandon the organization to the goats and false prophets.

Thus it is not a SIMPLE true vs false religion.

On a personal level, it is okay to be on the BROAD ROAD up to a certain point. But when we get close to the destination, the broad road leads off into destruction and we must choose the narrow path.

So the WTS organization does fulfill many prophesies, but not "faithful and discreet slave." They do "preach the good news worldwide" before the end comes, which was the "end of the gentile times in 1947", but as the Bible also prophesies, the leadership would become apostate, the "man of lawlessness" and be rejected by Christ when he arrives and so the "evil slave" is fulfilled by them.

So perhaps the simplest way to explain it is that up until 1996 you could call them "Jehovah's organization" but not after that. They are now the evil slave organization.

That applies to their teachings. Some are divinely inspired and some are false. We have to determine which is which.

JC

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Leaving the Org. is like free falling thru space....you realize your alone and no one is going to help you...scary, so they hang onto the "security blanket."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit