Leaving the Organization but not the teachings

by donny 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yknot
    yknot

Could it be the Dfing has gone to Pleaides..... completely replaced by "no longer a JW" thus ending any notes being kept? Perhaps replaced by a colored sticker arrangement. Orange for troublemaker, grey for pedo, red for apostate...........

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

The over impending anticipation that something big is going to be announced soon by the GB is always been

been a made stay in the mind set of JWS there is always important news coming up,

You might look at it as a brand new carrot being placed at the end of the stick.

NEW light is a coming ......oh yes

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Could be official word of the CO arrangement being scrapped?

Or maybe they're ready to drop 1914??!!

• donny
    donny

I met a guy yesterday who has left the Witnesses over the overlapping generation update yet he still beleives "nearly all" of the rest is God approved. He then went on to explain that while that "update" is false and he cannot support it, the Society is still the closest to God that he has ever seen.

I still find this strange that one can leave the organization over one issue and still cleave to the rest. Maybe it's still early in is journey and time will open his eyes to more "false" updates.

• blondie
    blondie

He may eventually see it is only the tip of the iceberg. Perhaps you can share one by one the other falsehoods, what might resonate with him, and give him time to digest. That's what did it for me.

I also have helped some "believers" that are inactive to grasp it, but not in a month, or a year.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hi donny

"the Society is still the closest to God that he has ever seen."

He's never seen God, so he really has nothing to compare.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

yet he still believes "nearly all" of the rest is God approved.

This is quite typical for people who have been long time indoctrinated into this publishing cult.

There is grasping effect to JW doctrines that linger on sometimes for years, which varies of course from individual to individual.

The awakening that usually occurs upon realizing the corrupt exploitation of the WTS. on its followers.

Fortunatly this fear induced indoctrination wanes itself out and the person begins to think clearly with discernment and balance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit