Another year without F1 in the States

by JK666 36 Replies latest jw friends

• llbh
    llbh

I would like to see Hamilton win, he is very gifted

David

• flipper
    flipper

JK - I'm not really into racing that much- however I did really enjoy Dale Earnhardt Sr. and his contribution to racing. The guy was fearless- from what they tell me. Hopefully his son can do great as well, as I've noticed he seems to have some good company on his racing team now ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

This post trulli illustrates why there is not a F1 race in the States.

• JK666
    JK666

Treadn,

Jarno, I trulli think you have a great sense of humor!

Llbh,

Hamilton is very good, he just works for the anti-Christ (Ron Dennis).

Flip,

NASCAR and F1 are two incredibly different sports. If you get Speed Channel, try to watch a race sometime. It is addictive (and I know almost as much about addictions as HS).

JK

• SweetSweetApostasy
    SweetSweetApostasy

Maybe if we pretend to like Soccer and agree to call it futball like everyone else and stop invading other countries the foreign people will give us F1 in exchange? They're pretty big on the "think like us or we will hate you" thing (big parallels with JayDubs IMHO). F1 could just be a carrot in a carrot and stick proposition.

• Angharad
    Angharad

America doesn't like sports that it can't win so they invented all their own that only they play and feign disintrest in all others.

What are they going to do, compete in F1 with a Ford or a Dodge? LOL

The debacle that Ferrari caused in the US Grand Prix that never was really set the sport back in the USA and frankly, they don't deserve to do well there after treating the fans like that.

I really miss the British Touring Car Championship ... NASCAR is just, well, utter shite.

• SweetSweetApostasy
    SweetSweetApostasy

See what I mean? Its political.

Also Canadians aren't the slightly nerdier form of American, few people know they're actually just Euros on a super-long camping trip here on the promised land. So take Mr. Canuck here as represenative of my point.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

Americans can't win? What about Scott Speed? Oh wait, that was only in the truck series.

• JK666
    JK666

Do the names Phil Hill and Mario Andretti ring a bell with anyone?

We will again have a World Champion from the United States. Give it time.

As for a Dodge or Ford winning a GP, does anyone remember the most dominant engine in Formula One ever?

Cosworth-Ford. Yes, it was made in England, but still a Ford.

JK

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

Thought this was about tornadoes. Moving along... ;-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit