Captives of a Concept

by Mickey mouse 28 Replies latest jw friends

• V
    V

Watchtower Comments interviews Don Cameron, author of Captives:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5trkRpIa-3Q

• donny
    donny

I agree that this is one of the best books I have read about the Watchtower Society since Ray Franz's "Crisis if Conscience." I got Don's book about a month ago and I was more than pleased with it. It hit so many of the points that I pondered back when I left in September of 1992. Like Don and Peter Gregerson, I tried to convince myself that it was God's Organization and I went back and looked at the teachings between 1914 and 1919 when Jesus was supposedly reviewing all of the Christian religions. After just a two day review I knew that there was no way he selected them as the faithful and wise servant. Don's book tackes this issue regarding this concept which binds the JW's and completely deflates it. Great book Don!

From another "Don"

• Vinny
    Vinny

My wife bought that book and read it from cover to cover. I never got around to it because she would read portions of it to me all the time. Plus I was busy finishing "In Search of Christian Freedom" by Franz.

But I have heard only favorable comments about Captives of a Concept overall.

The title alone tells you how it really is for most JW's today.

Sorry to say...

• mouthy
    mouthy

bttp

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

I'm just going to bring this BTTT. I skimmed through it for the past couple of days, and realized that we actually have the Proclaimers book here at home (a LOT of the references are from that). I plan on going back through the book....its really kickass

• whathappened
    whathappened

I just finished reading Captives of a Concept and enjoyed every word of it. It truly will convince anyone who has lingering doubts about JW's being Jehovah's visible earthly organization that it simply cannot possibly be so. It is an easy, quick read with the highlights of the book written in bold print along the sides of the pages so you can quickly find what you want.

• cantleave
    cantleave

An incredibly well written book that uses explosive logic to destroy the idea that the organisation was chosen by God in 1919.

• alias
    alias

I'm working through this one too and echo the "must read" sentiments.

Alias

• smiddy
    smiddy

This is an" EXCELLENT" publication: Words cant describe the priceless information thats contained in this book,and for a measley >$10 from lulu

I have just given it to my daughter in law to read , and to any jw lurkers who read this ,I challenge you ,if your so sure you have the "truth" read this book,after all truth is supposed to stand up to investigation,what are you afraid of?

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit