OMG!!! I have been crying for the last 2 hours...I just got Pell grant!!!!

by FreedomFrog 44 Replies latest jw friends

• still_in74
    still_in74

congrats FF !

how often do things make us so happy that we cry tears of joy? Enjoy every moment of this!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

congratulations, I'm happy for you. Good luck with your education.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    FF, if x=13 , isn't that unlucky?

Shhhh BFD !!! Don't say that too loud or the unlucky gods will hear. I think I can slip past them for now.

I got pell grants once, but antibiotics cured it.

LOL...that's too funny godadist

i'm a mother of 2 with a husband, and i'm too scared to go back to school, you are really amazing, you deserve it!

New Light, believe me, I was very scared at the thought of going back to school. Once I did decide to go back and was into it for about 6 months, I felt I had made a mistake but after that 6th month it became as if it was second nature. When I was in high school, I did horrible and this was where my fears were coming from. JamieBowers is right, you've got life experiences on your side.

You're still young and you're never too old to learn more. I'll be turning 37 in a month and I still have a ways to go but this college experience has been the best thing for me by far. My alGEbra (directed towards Gopher) was a big accomplishment because I could have taken this about a year ago but kept putting it off and taking the other required courses...why?...because I was in so much fear that I didn't want to face this course at that time. Now that I'm close to getting my degree, it's the only thing required left that needed to be taken. I've been in this class for 3 weeks now and the understanding came to me as if a light switch was turned on. That's a great feeling. So I strongly recommend you not to allow fear cause you not to get a college degree.

I feel everyone should get a degree regardless if they use it or not...just for the experience if nothing else.

Is there any chance this payment is retroactive to a certain date?

If so you might get a nice cheque

Lady Lee, I hadn't thought about that. That would be so awesome because this can get some of my loans I have down that I already have...it can also help me to pay for some of the books I want that deals with Psychology

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Very happy to hear this Froggy. Great news!

• John Doe
    John Doe

I'm sure you know this, but don't forget to look online for your books. I've saved as much as 80% over bookstore cost on some of them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit