OMG!!! I have been crying for the last 2 hours...I just got Pell grant!!!!

by FreedomFrog 44 Replies latest jw friends

• godadist
    godadist

I got pell grants once, but antibiotics cured it.

Be careful!

• changeling
    changeling

Congratulations!!!!

changeling :)

• blondie
    blondie

Congratulations, FF.

• Mary
    Mary

That's fantastic news FF.......

• BFD
    BFD

FF, if x=13 , isn't that unlucky?

j/k.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

BFD

• snowbird
    snowbird

Congratulations!!!

I'm so happy about your good news!

Sylvia

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Freedom,

We're so happy for you!

Cry for Happy ...

CoCo

• New light for you
    New light for you

Congrats! i'm so impressed! i'm a mother of 2 with a husband, and i'm too scared to go back to school, you are really amazing, you deserve it!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Congrats freedom frog. Have you also applied with the Ohio Board of Regents? If you qualify for federal grants, you will qualify for state grants as well. State grants aren't as large as federal grants, but every little bit helps when you're going to school. If I remember correctly, the state grants usually covered the cost of books.

I got pell grants once, but antibiotics cured it. Very funny, godadist!

Congrats! i'm so impressed! i'm a mother of 2 with a husband, and i'm too scared to go back to school, you are really amazing, you deserve it! Don't be afraid new light for you. You have life experience, and that counts a whole lot in college. I was almost 32 years old when I started school and hadn't even graduated from high school. I graduated with honors 3 and a half years later with a BA in general studies with a concentration in psychology and an emphasis on writing. All the while, I lived with my fiance, was raising 2 stepkids and worked a part time job. I took so many classes, that had I stayed for another 2 semesters to take two levels of one more course and created a writing portfolio, I would've also obtained a BA in English and psychology with a writing minor. I'm trying to make the point that if you can keep up as a jw, you can most certainly go to school as a non-traditional student.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

>>>>>Freedom, don't mean to rain on your parade, but I'm pretty sure Pell grants are only for undergraduate degrees.

I think what that means for you is that you will get the pell as long as you are working on your BA but as soon as you begin your master's, you will have to look for more assistance or back to loan's.

Anyway, I'm soooo proud of you! You have been a real trouper going back to college with kids! You do deserve it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit