Hi all

by SailAway 43 Replies latest jw friends

• SailAway
    SailAway

Thanks for your comments.

Sorry Quandry i never answered your question i was too busy trying to change my avatar. I do the windsurfing on a reservoir local to me. It's not as difficult as it looks actually.

• SailAway
    SailAway

Can somebody tell me what the avatar is showing?

I have changed it but its gone back to the original wind surf picture on my pc again. I don't know whether it's just on mine or on public view.

• Am ha·’a'ret
    Am ha·’a'ret

Hi Sailaway,

I think you have to ask yourself one question - How much is too much? In other words what, if anything, can the WTS do that would make you say, "No, that can't be right. I'm leaving!" Jehovah wants us to worship him in spirit and truth and he also says that those in a false religion will pay for that religion's sins. So the "Get out of her!" command applies to all of us who claim to worship him. Each of us has to draw a line in the sand as surely no one can answer the question by saying that nothing the WTS could do would make them leave it.

I have to say (and hope I don't offend) but up til recently I believed (or should I say was led to believe) that the child molestation issue was just anti-witness hype. And that the pro-blood use people were just trying to push their way on those of us led to believe this was disgusting to Jehovah. However, having done some research it turns out I was wrong on both issues. The WTS has twisted lots of things (including the Bible itself!) in order to back up their interpretations.

I confronted an elder about the UN stuff. And he (evenutally!) admitted that it was indeed a mistake on their part to do what they did. Ok, anyone can make a mistake but a) Why did they not come clean, hold their hands up and publish the truth of the matter? and b) why are they now somewhat connected to the European equivalent, the OSCE? Does this show a repentant attitude? I think not!

Anyhow...enough from me. I know it can be hard and going back is entirely your choice. Just do it with your eyes open.

Am

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

I'm not seeing any avatar at all SailAway.

• iceguy
    iceguy

Welcome Sailaway. I bet there is some great sailing around Iceland.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Um... Happy Birthday SailAway ...

I have to say that it was never the "lies" or "mistakes" that made me leave the JWs either. I guess I was forgiving. I don't know.

What really hit home with me was Rev 7

9After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.
    13Then one of the elders asked me, "These in white robes—who are they, and where did they come from?"
    15Therefore,
    "they are before the throne of God
    and serve him day andnight in his temple;

So where is the great crowd? They are IN HIS TEMPLE. The Watchtower itself says that the word there for temple is NAOS (Which means according to them, the inner sanctuary or divine dwelling of God!).
    The Watchtower then says that the great crowd is in the "outer courtyard" which they say is earth. But that is NOT where Rev 7:15 says the great crowd is! Rev 7:15 says they are in the inner santuary!

If you want me to cite the Watchtower so you can look it up, I can find it for you when I'm at home. Just PM me and I will.

Is Jesus God?(You already found the Colossians)

John 1:1 1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Jesus is worshipped:
    Phillippians CH. 2
    5Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
    6Who, being in very nature God,
    did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
    7but made himself nothing,
    taking the very nature of a servant,
    being made in human likeness.
    8And being found in appearance as a man,
    he humbled himself
    and became obedient to death—
    even death on a cross!
    9Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
    and gave him the name that is above every name,
    10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
    in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
    11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
    to the glory of God the Father.

• LearningMore
    LearningMore

Welcome SailAway! No avatar showing for you on my computer.

-LM

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, Sailaway. I am wondering, with your willingess to forgive the Watchtower their errors, if you extend that same grace to other churches? I suspect you'd be surprised at the depth of spirituality in other places.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

I know i have said i want to stop posting here but i have to with this one. Thanks everyone for your comments to sailaway.

He's gone back home now and wants people to know that he will be back on at some point over the next few days. Because of the situation he don't want to log on JWD at home, so he's either going to do so from mine or on a library pc. If he decides to back off or stay thats up to him i guess. But nice one chap for posting here.

Paul

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome.

If you are heading back it is a really good time to dig deep into the history and doctrine.

I don't necessarily believe the WT has lied.

Have a look at http://www.jwfacts.com/index_files/1914dates.htm for Watchtower quotes about 1914. Compare what was said prior to 1914 with what the Watchtower now claims it said prior to 1914. This is a very good example of how the Watchtower lies to mislead its followers.

The UN issue is also interesting, as the information released by Bethel is very dubious. http://www.jwfacts.com/index_files/un.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit