Hi all

by SailAway 43 Replies latest jw friends

• feenx
    feenx

Sailaway - WELCOME!!!!!

Whatever the motivation is for you to be here and posting you should be proud of yourself that you have at least dipped a toe in the waters outside the box of the society (as in the mental box).

From the few posts you have made on this thread it seems to me that the core issue for you is spirituality versus religion. Whatever your own personal views and feelings are in a spiritual and belief system is just that, YOUR OWN.

E.g. Sylvia posted that she has come to feel that Jesus is YHWH from the old testament. Now, I personally don't believe that myself (though I am curious what has confirmed this for her :), that being said I in NO WAY judge her or think any different based on her own belief. That is the beauty of having human choice!

You say you don't know whether you can feel a connection to Jehovah without the society. I would say before deciding anything consider how you feel about spirituality and religion, as two separate things, because in my opinion they indeed are separate.

ALL religion, not just JW's, have a tendency to equate human physical actions as a means to gain a spiritual connection. The two are vastly different. Ask yourself, can a SPIRITUAL connection ONLY be made under the guidelines and in locations of MAN? You are confident in what you feel as this connection. Is that any more confident than someone who say does not attend religious functions yet still claims to feel a spiritual connection? Going by the society, MAN made rules, they would say your feelings are true and another's are misguided, or false. I am sure that other person would disagree.

In the end it comes down to YOU. You must learn to trust yourself and not what comes out of my mouth, or the mouthes of those on the podium. Seek much, trust little. Open yourself up to learning everything that you can, not just what is printed with a WTBS stamp on it, and decide for yourself. You obviously felt a connection, so you know SOMETHING is there. How is anyone else's job, duty or priviledge to tell you what it was you felt?

feenx
    Indigo Insight

• SailAway
    SailAway

Thanks for the welcomes, didn't realise i would get so many so fast.

Changeling, I'm not really from Iceland, i'm from England. But weather is that miserable over here i might as well be. Plus my nan is Icelandic, so i wear the colour with pride.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Welcome to the board Sailaway!

As Salcy mentioned, it is always great to see new people posting.

Indeed, It is like refreshment for the soul when we see another mind that is starting to think freely.

Enjoy your time here.

The Oracle

• Quandry
    Quandry

Hello and welcome.

The windsurfing looks like fun but alot of work to get the hang of.

Do you do this on a lake or in the ocean? If ocean, are you afraid of sharks?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome to JWD. If it's the truth you're looking for, you'll certainly find it here. I guess whether you classify the WTB&TS's screw ups as mistakes or lies depends on which end of the stick you are on. If you're swinging the stick, you'll consider the screw ups mistakes. If you get hit by the stick, you'll consider the screw ups lies. Please be advised that there are many on this board who have been hit by the WTB&TS's stick. The blood issue aside, (which in IMHO is one of the biggest issues), there are many who have been df'd for simply not believing everything the gb has to say. Others were molested as children, and it was covered up or experienced life threatening physical abuse from a jw spouse, and it was compeletely ignored by the elders, (such is the case with me). The end result of our suffering was being alientated from our friends and family. I was df'd for simply telling the elders that I wanted no part of an organization that insisted I either stay with a dangerous man or hang around long enough to see if he would chose to commit adultery or murder. There are MANY others who have experienced the same treatment. Yet the powers that be in the organization tell the rank and file and the public at large that the vast majority of people are df'd for immorality. That is a BIG LIE. They also say that shunning is used to encourage the wicked ones to abandoned their ways and go back to the organization. That is the BIGGEST LIE. The real truth is that the gb doesn't want the rank and file to associate with df'd ones, because they will learn just how crooked this organization is.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Hi Simon

its good to have you on board. When I first started reading on here I too defended the WTS in my mind when I read criticisms. I'd be interested to know how you feel after some months of reading.

ql

• SailAway
    SailAway

I have just realised i better change that avatar, oops. You can't make me out so i thought it would be safe, but i forgot that i have emailed that pic to one or two. Can someone tell me if it's changed because it hasn't on my profile.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Thanks for answering Simon!

Your picture is different...although the last one was nicer :)

I think your journey will be eye opening and I think you would enjoy the site JWFiles.com because it shows an abundance of things that deserve a deeper look. Check out how they changed the scriptures about who Jesus is the mediator for. (1 Tim. 2:5)

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Im sailing away, set an open course for the virgin sea
    Ive got to be free, free to face the life thats ahead of me
    On board, Im the captain, so climb aboard
    Well search for tomorrow on every shore
    And Ill try, oh lord, Ill try to carry on

I look to the sea, reflections in the waves spark my memory
    Some happy, some sad
    I think of childhood friends and the dreams we had
    We live happily forever, so the story goes
    But somehow we missed out on that pot of gold
    But well try best that we can to carry on

A gathering of angels appeared above my head
    They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said
    They said come sail away, come sail away
    Come sail away with me
    Come sail away, come sail away
    Come sail away with me

I thought that they were angels, but to my surprise
    They climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies
    Singing come sail away, come sail away
    Come sail away with me
    Come sail away, come sail away
    Come sail away with me

welcome...

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

Hey Sailaway,

Welcome to the board!

Take your time, do some research, I know you think you know where you are at right now, but please be warned that as you move away from the organization its mind-numbing effect subsides and you begin seeing things in a way you never did before.

You may find yourself seeing things in a light you never before imagined, but that's OK. It is a process, so just keep putting one spiritual foot in front of the other and keep moving towards the light and you'll be fine.

You indicate that you wish to retain your belief in God, I am happy to say that even though many on this forum have disdained both the WBTS and God both, one CAN leave the 'Tower and still remain a God-believing Christian if they so desire.

In fact, getting rid of the WBTS 'middleman' can result in an even CLOSER connection than you have previously experienced, He is out there and wants to hear from you.

You aren't the first to come down this path, and God willing you won't be the last. I suggest you read Captives of a Concept, it's a pretty inexpensive pdf download and a fairly easy read that will really help put the 'new light' and 'divine appointment' doctrines of the WBTS in proper perspective.

Once you have read that, you may see things differently than you do now!

I am at your service and am but a PM away if I can be of any service.

RD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit