Why didn't Jesus write his own parts of the bible?

by Aphrodite 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

Actually Mohammed never wrote any part of the Koran.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Jesus understood the Bible for what it was ...

John 5:39

"You examine the Scriptures carefully because you suppose that in them you have eternal life. Yet they testify about me."

The Bible is a testiment to Jesus Christ. He lets the reader come to their own conclusion.

Yet, remember as a JW what you were taught? It is the knowledge of Jehovah in the scriptures that brings us to salvation. Recall the teachings of the WTBTS:

"This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ".

Jesus clearly says it does not.

• godadist
    godadist

This letter to the King of Edessa is attributed directly to Jesus Christ (not a sure thing though):

http://fam-faerch.dk/pseudigrapher/write/abgar2.html

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

Some say he did...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jesus_Scroll

...not a big believer in the whole mythology of Jesus, myself, though ;)

Jackie

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

If you had a dozen guys traveling with you that couldn't get along and were constantly asking questions, you'd probably not be in the mood to do a lot of writing either.

Rub a Dub

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

Well....

Jesus was on earth NOT to write anything but to sacrifice himself as a ransom. The recording of such events was of a secondary nature obviously bestowed upon those who witnessed or became privy to these things for the edification of the whole body of Christ, and the future edification of new worshippers as distinguished from pagans. As prophets in the past were told in visions "Write for these things are true".....as John did in Revelations.

The preceding comment was brought to you by Kung Fu Panda now playing at your local theater.

• Terry
    Terry

Jesus was not allowed on the writing committee because he wore facial hair!

Or.....

It was never intended that anything of a written nature be preserved as an accurate record of Jesus' words and deeds because the story gradually acquired size by accretions.

A "messiah" type figure who is executed just wasn't what anybody expected. The story had to be shaped a bit. Gradually the idea Jesus came back to life was added. Then, miracles. Then god-status.

Earlier gospel stories are more mundane and human while later ones are increasingly more super-hero.

Think of the story of Robin Hood, for example and how Hollywood has "fleshed out" this character.

Besides, most of the people living in the Roman empire were illiterate.

Even scribes would often be illiterate copyists!

There are a great many manuscripts that consist of runon sentences strung together!! What sort of idiot does that?

THEIDEAOFHAVINGANIMPORTANTMESSAGEFROMASUPREMEBEINGSTRUNGTOGETHERLIKEBEADSISNONSENSICAL.

• jgnat
    jgnat
    Can anyone who does believe it answer my question? I'd really love to know how you would answer.

My personal answer is that accuracy and perfection is not at issue. Jesus collected a select group of disciples and taught by example. He then supervised them as they practiced what they learned, and corrected as necessary. That tells me that the Christian life must be modelled to be taught. Not got from a book.

• Quentin
    Quentin
    That tells me that the Christian life must be modelled to be taught. Not got from a book...jgnat

A simple and accurate point....

• StAnn
    StAnn

Aphrodite asks,

Do any of you believe Jesus is God/the Son of God? Can anyone who does believe it answer my question? I'd really love to know how you would answer.

If you believe that Yahweh is God, this article might help answer your query:

http://www.catholicxjw.com/JesusYahweh.html

StAnn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit