Why didn't Jesus write his own parts of the bible?

by Aphrodite 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Aphrodite
    Aphrodite

Why leave the writing to inaccurate third parties who each saw things from their own perspective. If his message was so important for posterity, why did he not write an accurate account of his message?

• xslave
    xslave

God would'nt let him write with his finger in stone for he would be usurping Jehovah's headship.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I think even if he did write something down and had photos to prove this or that, how many people would still believe in him **shrug** it's not by the physical that one must be lead, but rather look to the spirit.

• Caedes
    Caedes

Because he is a mythical character amalgamated from various rabble rousers?

It would certainly explain why the contemporary romans didn't record anything about him.

• buckster
    buckster

I do not believe he had OSHA approved safety glasses.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Reminds me of a movie where the Catholics stumble upon a scroll that is the Book of Jesus written by Jesus. In it he condemns houses of worship (buildings of churches) which is not what the Church is all about. The "church" is the body of Christians, not buildings. So, the Catholics decide to hide it because it would destroy the very foundation of all churches if it were known.

Good film.

• buckster
    buckster

Sounds good to me. Church should have nothing to do with a building.

• Gopher
    Gopher

What Caedes said. Unlike other contermporary characters, there exist no contermporary records of a "historical" person named Jesus Christ. If there had been a miracle worker turning Judea upside down, certainly they would have unearthed such records.

All the records about the Jesus character came later, giving credence to the notion that there was a great mythology built up around someone (or ones) who claimed to be the Messiah. So naturally those accounts (which came to be included in "The Bible") had to be written later.

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

Mythological creatures seldom toot their own horn. It would be like Paris Hilton taking a picture of herself and sending it to the tabloids. Its just bad form. Bring_the_Light

• Satanus
    Satanus

Zues and mithras never wrote, either.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit