HELP ME, HELP ME...PLEASE!!!

by Quentin 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

'will eventualy get the book read...it's important to do so, in order to recomend it to others.'

Why? So they can have a hard time reading, as well? You need to figure out if herd mentality is telling you to read that thing.

S

• mouthy
    mouthy

I have never finished that one either ...But I was reading about folks that have been in a cult .When they come out have a hard time concentrating. I dont know if it is my age .but I really dont feel like reading all these books against the WT now .Although I have them ALL ... I know it is a false prophet....

But I am reading Bill & Hilary...by Christopher Anderson.Boy did HE have a rough life as a kid.... No wonder he had a "naughty' boy time.... I am feeling it was just as bad as "mind Control. "

I am amazed Hilary stayed with him after all his affairs

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Just go through it, pretending you wrote it and edit out the redundant statements as you go.

• Quentin
    Quentin
    You need to figure out if herd mentality is telling you to read that thing....Satanus

Don't need to figure out anything, don't belong to a herd...I wanted to know if it was as hard to read for others as I have found it to be for me....and it was/is...some folks can pick up a book like that and read it like todays newspaper. Other's can't....

If you don't feel the book should be recomended to others, then say so...

• Quentin
    Quentin
    Just go through it, pretending you wrote it and edit out the redundant statements as you go.

Thanks Flying High.....I'll give that a try....

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings Quentin:

In March of 2007 I put up a thread IN SEARCH OF CHRISTIAN FREEDOM - Ray Franz. Please note Arthur's comment of 27 March:

I agree with you guys, I think that ISOCF is truly an excellent book - a must read for any ex-JW. In my opinion, it just might be better than Crisis of Conscience. I think that it is more powerful than COC in that COC was mostly a collection of accounts of the controversies within the Governing Body and Brooklyn headquarters. The average JW reader could dismiss much of it as "one-sided" exagerations or fabrications.

However, ISOCF addresses the core foundational doctrines of the JW organization and deconstructs them scripturally. Franz does an excellent job in taking apart the concepts behind the organizational structure, the governing body concept, and the Faithful Slave doctrine. Not only does he document particularly damning articles, but he also shows the fallacies of these doctrines using the Scriptures. His Scriptural presentations cannot be so easily dismissed by JWs.

Compound-Complex

• Quentin
    Quentin
    ... ISOCF addresses the core foundational doctrines of the JW organization and deconstructs them scripturally....CompoundComplex...

Thank you CoCo...I'll keep that in mind while reading the book as Flying High suggested...

Even a blind hog can find an acorn now and again.....

Once more, thanks for the feed back folks....

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I second CoCo's post...

I read ISofCF shortly after my awakening. My niece was in the hospital, so I had 3 days to kill at the hospital and I read it there. The book was instrumental in helping me see that the JW doctrines on Blood, holidays, birthdays, and many other points, were not scriptural.

I currently am agnostic, but I recommend the book as it helped me to deprogram.

Its usefulness will vary depending on the reason the reader leaves the JW organization. Some will find it engrossing, and others boring. Since I left disagreeing with doctrine, and had experience at Bethel and Gilead, I found it exteremly useful.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Here's my rule of thumb when starting to read a new book -- if it hasn't "grabbed" you by page 50, it's not worth reading.

• Gerard
    Gerard

In my opinion, if you want entertainment, that is not the book to read.

If you want to understand the inner workings of the cult motives and their policies, go right ahead.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit