HELP ME, HELP ME...PLEASE!!!

by Quentin 38 Replies latest jw friends

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

I think we all liked the COC book much more because we could all relate to it, but ISOCF is just another view of Christanity.

• Gopher
    Gopher

I liked the parts of ISOCF where Ray went into more depth exposing the WT organization.

But I found CoC the most rewarding read, because I was only about one-fourth of the way through when I had decided I could never go back to the JW's. That was a great feeling.

• knock knock
    knock knock

I let ISoCF sit on the shelf a long time. I'm like most everyone else, short attention span. Gee, these new chips are great with some onion dip. Mmmm Beer. But then one day, belch, the time was right to read ISoCF. Some day I may even finish it.

How can anyone get through Gentile Time Reconsidered? What are ya'll, educated or something?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Nothing a good editor couldn't fix.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I couldn't get into it, either.

S

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

CoC = ex-GB member

ISoCF = Reverend Ray?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I read CoC just once I think. But ISoCF enthralled me. I believe I read it 3 times.

Jeff

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Ray just needed an editor to hone his words. He tends to say the same thing two or three times in one sentence. It's almost as if he publishes his rough drafts. The books are very good, they just need a skilled co-writer or editor. I was able to read C or C, but couldn't read IN Search of because of the editing problems.

• restrangled
    restrangled

I was able to get through most of it, but mentally it felt like reading old watchtower study articles.

r.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Thanks for the comments and feed back, I have a determination to read the book...have no doubt the book has been read by many and been helpfull, maybe even inspiring...for where they are, and what they need at that time...

...mentally it felt like reading old watchtower study articles...restrangled...

Yes, felt that as well...will eventualy get the book read...it's important to do so, in order to recomend it to others... who may need that type of composition to get the message...

Glad to know I'm not the only person that has found it to be a "hard read"...some books are like that, yet you have to slough your way through them... Heh, heh, probably take me about 6 months of sloughing...I'll get there though...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit