HELP ME, HELP ME...PLEASE!!!

by Quentin 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Quentin
    Quentin

Terry gave me a copy of "In Search of Christian Freedom"...no disrespect to Ray Franz...I am bored to tears....can't get past the frist chapter...soaked up COC, turned around and soaked it up again...

Highly recomend COC to any jw (one that's not brain dead) or ex-jw (also not brain dead) who needs to know something about how the tower works....great book...

Sigh, I seem to no longer have the attention span it takes to read a book of this depth....a sad commentary on me...has the internet dumbed some people down to the point that they can no longer read a book? If that's what's happended somebody shoot me please...

• AnneB
    AnneB

It's not you...ISoCF is far less riveting than CoC.

• changeling
    changeling

I've heard the same from others on this board.

changeling :)

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

I've experienced the exact same thing, I bought both books at the same time. My theory is its way more interesting to see faith destroyed than rebuilt. I care why Ray Franz left the Borg, why he still believes in Jesus..... notsomuch. COC was written for us, In Search of Christian Delusion was written for Ray and God. I hope God has a longer attention span than us, because Ray deserves to be heard out. :oP

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

You're not alone. I wolfed down CofC but had no appetite whatsoever for ISofCF. Of course by then, I already had freedom, so I certainly didn't need some huge apologetic tome to (re)define the word: "freedom" for me.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
  • aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

I inhaled CofC, every sentence, every paragragh carefully read, again and again.

Christion freedom just sits on the shelf, I've flipped through it a few times, just can't get interested.

But then again, I'm an agnostic, so why would it interest me?

• restrangled
    restrangled

Same for me!

r.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Perhaps I could send you the husbands copy full of yellow highlights,

you can save time just reading the highlights and get the whole picture...tee hee hee

Cheers!

Hope4others

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Try The Gentile Times Reconsidered - that is a great read

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit