Wash your mouth out with soap

by keyser soze 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    HonestyRe: Wash your mouth out with soapJun 20, 2008

Ivory

That was the fave for my cult induced misguided mom.

IVORY SOAP

I still get nauseous every time I pass by the laundry aisle at Kroger.

Maybe that's why I have all my laundry done by hired help.

Are you sure we aren't related?

I have an allergic reaction going down the detergent aisle - sneezing, burning eyes etc.. I have never bought Ivory. Can't tolerate the smell of it

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

I got my mouth washed out when I was in elementary school in the mid 80's.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I'm 55 and I think I remember my mother sticking a bar of soap in my mouth when I was about 10 which would have been about 1962.

I think she was trying to illustrate a point.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

My daughter has threatened to use "vinegar" on my grandchild's mouth. I will admit, my granddaughter has a smart assed mouth on her.

DON'T KNOW WHERE SHE GOT THAT FROM!

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I got the soapy mouth treatment for certain words. It was always my mother and she was irrational. I was 4 and she would jam the bar in my mouth and crush my jaw against it for saying "shit". I heard it from an older sibling. So I knew it was the same as poop and asked her why poop would not get me the soap but shit would, even though they had the same meaning. She couldn't explain so I told her she was being irrational and she slapped me. The soap had a strange alkaline taste, not really bad but not something I would seek out. I think it was a gateway food for in kindergarten I started eating that paste they would dole out. Then when I was 10 I started drinking beer and most children would be grossed out but I think the soap raised the bar so high for what tasted bad (and bad puns) that beer was relatively delicious. So soap turned me into a childhood beer drinker who said "shit" anyway. So irrational!

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

I only got the soap a few times. I was partial to the flavor of Zest. Once I got Lava soap. I was picking pumice out of my teeth for a day and a half. I'm still a potty mouth but I do have a pretty good self edit mode. Now my smart ass older sister, she used to get popped in the mouth. I remember once dad backhanded her at the dinner table with his left hand. His wedding ring hit her on the mouth. She had a fat lip for a week.

• noni1974
    noni1974

Yes I got it. I was like 4 or 5 and my brother and I both got in trouble with my mom. She instisted one of us was lieing. I don't know about what because it was so long ago. I got spanked and then the soap. It was only after I got both that my brother confessed he was the liar not me. He always was an asshole.

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

Yes, had this done. And was told to bite down into the soap before they pulled it back out. I STILL can taste it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit