Am I the only one that Cannot PAY ATTENTION to Jehovah?

by Sparkplug 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Now I hate to sound as ADD as I am, but usually if I read something twice I can make myself focus if I am wandering. But everytime I start to read anything that has something to do with the WTBTS I cannot get it even after repeated attempts. It is as if Charlie browns Mom is right in my ear and my mind will not register.

I was just trying to read the thread on the daily text. I thought to myself this would be funny. And my eyes won't even see it. I tried. But I guess I have no tolerance. Or this huge mental block. It is as if any thread that quotes the scriptures, Bible, especially the Society just shuts my brain down. I have noticed this for a while now. Quite a while now...But I guess today I thought I would just open up and ask about it.

Does anyone else completely close off as if suddenly there is not a sound, thought, anything registering as they try to read. That is how it is for me. I hear the plane passing overhead, or my own thoughts as I think to myself...WTF are they talking about, or is this English? Am I supposed to read this sentence 5 times? I don't know, It is frusterating when I want to join a discussion. So mostly I join in on ones I don't have to read a lot of Documentation from the JW's anymore because my mind cannot wrap around it. I cannot even get on the same page as them when it comes to the thought process. Truly the closest I have come as of late was watching a you tube of a poor girl who lost her mom via shunning and I understood her plight and it moved me to tears. Also one guy speaking of talking to JW's about Christ at the doors. But if I even scan through the articles my bro tries to show me or get his point..he is so off I don't even get him anymore.

Is this what it is like to be free of their chains? Do they just not register on your give a damn scale anymore?

• TinyDancer124
    TinyDancer124

Omg, I'm the same way! If I try to read something from the WTBTS, my eyes glaze over.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is not ADD. It is because the Washtowels are so disjointed. Every time the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger puts something out that is "deep things", it is very confusing. There are so many billion "classes" that people fit into, and they are supposed to figure out exactly which ones they fit into, and why. That is impossible to learn because it is all disjointed, and half of it changes as soon as they learn it.

Doctrinal matters are also needlessly complicated. I never saw the need for having a washtowel or asleep telling me that something is moral or not. It appears that they are going to make sex so complicated a thing to learn what is accepted and not that most people will just give up. They already did that with the blood fractions recently. And masturbation is next. They already beat up on college last year (and continue doing so now). Birthdays? A while ago, they were speculating about easing up on it. Now, they have clamped down on them all the more.

True morals are ridiculously easy to pay attention to. Believe it or not, babies and small children will practice it. I have never seen a baby or small child volitionally and knowingly do anything that is bad for self or society (true, they do dangerous things if unsupervised, but that is because they are trying to learn about the world around them and not volitionally seeking trouble). The simple code is that any volitional act that is good for self or society is moral, and any volitional act that is bad for self or society is immoral. If they would stick to that, it would be so much easier to pay attention.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Often, certain words that the wt used a lot, or even bible specific words will flip a switch for me, and i'm outa there. The same thing happens w some political correctness images are used on tv. I reserve the right to choose what goes into my brain. I could suppress the reaction though, if i absolutely had to.

S

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I am not ADD... or anything else. I have had the same problem reading any WT stuff..and it goes back well before I left.

Sorry.. your not nuts. Your BS meter is calibrated and working.

Hill

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Whew! I was getting a cold sweat there for a moment.

Glad to know I am not the only one. With anything else I can usually pull it together and shake my head a bit and make myself concentrate. But as WTWizard put it, "doctrinal" stuff. I'm outti! I cannot even make my brain concentrate. I manage to pay attention if someone teaches me something new like a different teaching or how they believe. Example budhism or just talking to someone. But you hand me a watchtower and I glaze like a donut. Damdest thing.

OK. Cool. Thanks TinyDancer, Hillbilly and Satanus. Feeling better now. Cuzz being Add is bad enough without doing this checking out completely thing and I have been a bit timid to speak up because I have not been able to figure it out myself yet. Usually when I get it figured out I am all about talking about it. But this has had me stumped. I could not figure out if it was normal for me to be sitting here stuck on stupid when I see people running circles with these discussions.

You know...The same thing happens with other things I have burned out on. I hate to claim them, but having let myself burn on a few subjects that I was a wiz at...you bring them up to me now...blank page. I think I am learning and acknowledging my boundaries. This is good. I really was wondering about the JW stuff though. Because having met so many EX JW people, I hate that I just glaze over on half of what is said.

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

It happens to me, too. For the past year or so, the literature doesn't even make SENSE. It's like letters jumbled together.

er

• Dagney
    Dagney
    If I try to read something from the WTBTS, my eyes glaze over.

Ditto.

Just can't do it.

The way they write, the dumbing down, the phrasing...just sends over the edge. I have to leave it alone and not put it in my brain anymore.

• changeling
    changeling

I'm with ya!

In fact, I have been tempted to go in my parents room and go through thier new WT's and KM's just to see what's up, but I just can't stomach it any more.

changeling :)

• changeling
    changeling

If a good witness read this thread he would say the Holy Spirit was blocking us from the light because we are all demonized. LOL

changeling :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit