Am I the only one that Cannot PAY ATTENTION to Jehovah?

by Sparkplug 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

My theory is that your mind is self-preserving. It is trying to save itself from intellectual suicide, or 'brain drain' if you will.

That's why it shuts itself down when presented with the crap presented from the WTBTS.

• restrangled
    restrangled
    Does anyone else completely close off as if suddenly there is not a sound, thought, anything registering as they try to read.

Yes, for as long as I can remember. I guess I had so much practice at closing down as a teenager at meetings it has become an automatic response. I instantly start day dreaming, or thinking of something else as I read. The material is not engaging. (Always happened in Math class too)!

r.

• flipper
    flipper

SPARKPLUG- I find if I try to read bits and pieces of a Watchtower , or any publication from them , my mind does similar things too. It affects me like changing the channel on a radio station and all this electronic static is ringing throughout my brain ! It's creepy. I can't concentrate on anything they say because it makes no sense whatsoever and is very disjointed. You are not alone, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Sparky..So you can`t read Mumbo-Jumbo..???..LOL!!......I never could either..Lines and lines of words that mean nothing..In those lines and lines is one answer the WBT$ would like you to learn.................It`s like your being hypnotized..All Praise.."You are getting sleepy..Very Sleepy..You will do as I say from now on..For I am the all powerful,WatchTower Bible and Tact Society..NOW AWAKEN!!..AND..DO MY BIDDING!!!!!!"..All Praise............................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

If a good witness read this thread he would say the Holy Spirit was blocking us from the light because we are all demonized. LOL

I thought that too. Yes, it is very diffiult to get through their literature--takes a lot of effort on my part.

• Casper
    Casper

Wow, Decki....

It's like you took the words right out of my mouth....!!!!!! I've been that way for a few years now.

Glad to know I'm not the only one, or slowly going insane....

So Glad you posted this....

Cas

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

OMG I just had a thought. If we were at a meeting...Right about now they would ask a question and we could all raise our hands and say "Jehovah" and be right. OR, just start clapping and be in better standing. Volume and Pausing everyone.

Drones clap!

Drones say Jehovah!

Drones stand up sit down...advertise, advertise, advertise. What kind of subliminal Book selling campaign was that?

Decki

• nameless_one
    nameless_one

This thread caught my eye, because I am currently experiencing the exact same thing. I've never been a JW, but in my research efforts and in an attempt to get a handle on what I'm up against here, I've acquired a big pile of WTS literature, mostly books. But I CANNOT get through it, I have tried and tried but it just doesn't register. It's like my brain just rejects it or something. It's actually a really weird phenomenon that I don't recall ever experiencing before.

• PEC
    PEC

I have always been that way. Blab..blab..blab..blab..blab..blab..blab..blab..blab.

Philip

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I seem to be better able to get through the material on apostate sites than any of the Washtowels or Asleeps. At least the material on apostate sites makes sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit