Make Christianity make sense

by easyreader1970 12 Replies latest jw friends

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

The more I think about it, the less sense it makes. So the story as I see it goes like this.

GOD: Adam and Eve, you are horrible human beings. You chose to disobey me with your free will and now I will punish you and all of your offspring. I give you IMPERFECTION and DEATH.

ADAM: Isn't there anything we can do to make up for our mistake? I mean, we were tricked by a TALKING SNAKE. How could we have seen THAT coming?

GOD: Sorry. But I still want you to go with my ORIGINAL plan of multiplying and filling the earth, but I just want you to do it with CURSED OFFSPRING instead. That'll teach you to do what I told you not to.

ADAM: Damn.

Some time passes.

GOD: Noah.

NOAH: Yeah, God?

GOD: People suck.

NOAH: Not me! I am a preacher of righteousness!

GOD: What does that even mean? Anyway, everybody else sucks.

NOAH: Well, I mean, you DID curse us. How could we NOT suck?

GOD: I'm killing EVERYBODY but you.

NOAH: Everybody? What happened to filling the earth?

GOD: Right. Okay, your family can go. Maybe if I start over with you, people will fare better than ADAM's offspring.

NOAH: Will we still be FLAWED?

GOD: Of course.

NOAH: Then what will be the difference?

GOD: Just build the boat, dammit. And pile all the animals into it. Here is a list of what animals to get.

NOAH: Where the hell am I supposed to find a PENGUIN? I don't even know what s KANGAROO is!

GOD: You're a smart kid, figure it out.

NOAH: Damn.

More time passes and people continue to suck. MOSES makes a brief appearance but nothing gets any better.

GOD: Jesus.

JESUS: Yeah, Pop?

GOD: People are still sucking. They aren't getting any better.

JESUS: Yeah. Remember that one time when we kicked them out of the GARDEN and refused to allow them to come back? You totally screwed them.

GOD: Why do people keep bringing that up? They were DISOBEDIENT!

JESUS: Yeah.

GOD: I need for you to go make it right for them.

JESUS: How do you propose I do that? Do you want me to take their sins away with my powers?

GOD: Well, sort of. I'm going to have you go down there to be brutally murdered by them.

JESUS: Wait, what?

GOD: The only way I can fix this is if I sacrifice YOU for them. That will take away their SINS.

JESUS: The ONLY way? Can't you just snap your fingers or something? Wiggle your nose?

GOD: That's not very dramatic and you know it.

JESUS: What do I have to do?

GOD: Go tell people about me and how merciful and loving I am.

JESUS: That all?

GOD: Heal a couple of people here and there to show that you mean business.

JESUS: And then what?

GOD: I'll have some people NAIL you to a TREE and then I'll bring you back to life.

JESUS: Damn.

Time goes by and Jesus returns to heaven.

JESUS: Holy CRAP that hurt. Where is the TYLENOL? Anyway, it's DONE. Are they all SINLESS now?

GOD: Well, not really.

JESUS: But I just got STAKES driven through my BODY. By the way where is BARABBAS?

GOD: I know but they're still sinning. NOW I just want them to pray to me. I'll get around to making them perfect later.

JESUS: But you could've done that without me getting speared, then, couldn't you?

GOD: Drama. People like drama. I created them so they would like it. They'll think about your sacrifice and think of ME.

JESUS: Um, about that ...

GOD: What?

JESUS: Well, apparently, the people down there now think that I am GOD. So even though I SPECIFICALLY TOLD THEM to pray to OUR FATHER, they think I am GOD.

GOD: How the hell did THIS happen?

JESUS: I am not sure. But they definitely think I am GOD. In fact your NAME isn't in their scriptures at ALL.

GOD: Jesus Christ, well did you at least give the REVELATION to JOHN?

JESUS: It doesn't make any sense. I thought it was a mistake, something from your dream diary.

GOD: But did you give it to him?

JESUS: No, but I will shortly.

GOD: Good.

JESUS: It's just that it's full of crazy scenes and stuff that don't make any sense. How are people supposed to understand all of that?

GOD: What did I tell you about drama?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Just goes to show God is nothing but a Tyrant.

• New light for you
    New light for you

Where the HECK did you get that from?>?? that was hysterical!!! and scarey at the same time... scarey, seems like it could be true....

But SO funny! looks like God would like to have a few drinks and laugh with us before he destroys us!

• yknot
  • Chameleon
    Chameleon

It reminded me of Farkel's threads.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

That was too funny

nj

• oompa
    oompa

Oh my god i laughed a huge amount there!!...whew thanks new light for sending me that link...see...his name aint even found in christianity....told ya!.........oompa

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Very good easy. :) Enjoyed it.

• Switch
    Switch

OMG er, thanks for that. Made me chuckle and put everything back into perspective. It reminded me of why I chucked religion. Imagine if we treated our kids the way the Hebrew God treats His children. Somehow us imperfect humans can correct our children and forgive and forget very quickly. Jehovah is not a very good daddy to say the least.

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

Thanks for the kind words. I wrote that when I was trying to make Christianity make sense to me and not just the WBTS version of it, either. I simplified it down to what it basically is and then that is the way it played out in my head. It just doesn't make any sense when you sit down and think about it.

er

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit