Warren Schroeder from Bethel on Freddy, Kline and the apostate books!

by Dogpatch 501 Replies latest jw friends

• gymbob
    gymbob

I was in the Ink dept. working with John Camak when we first heard about the Harris press. Big John looked at me and said, "Maybe the first book that comes off that press will be "Armageddon- how did it affect you?"". I remember thinking to myself about John that somebody must have gotton some locoweed mixed up in their feed.....

• wschroeder
    wschroeder

exJW's are a particularly interesting group that took a lot of drugs and are still trying to figure out what part of their drug experience was real, and whether they should still be concerned about it.

exJW's who are ex-Bethelites are quite different... wouldn't you say .... Randy? :-)

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RANDY,

YOU ARE CATCHING UP TO ME!!

LOVE YOU, VELTA

• fjtoth
    fjtoth
    This thread is now catching those of us with dementia. :-))

Yeah, Randy, it started happening to me too when I turned 56.

I too wish you a happy, happy birthday. I'm glad Eliveleth put out the reminder.

Frank

• biff mcfly
    biff mcfly

I guess I'm the only one to say good things about Harris presses. I worked on them for three years and never had any problems. i guess you guys got all the bugs out by the time i got there.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Hi Biff! When did you work on the Harris?

Thank you Velta!!

Frank: That's it! 56 is the demonic number, and tomorrow I turn 56. :-)) EARLY dementia

Warren sez:

exJW's are a particularly interesting group that took a lot of drugs and are still trying to figure out what part of their drug experience was real, and whether they should still be concerned about it.

exJW's who are ex-Bethelites are quite different... wouldn't you say .... Randy? :-)

maybe from our generation, yes I was a hippie

Randy at 16

My girlfriend and I lived in Newport Beach on the Strand next to the old Catholic church. This was just out of high school, Newport was Deadhead central, big on LSD and sort of like P. Diddy's place is now out there. Plus my two buds, we rented a three bedroom ON THE BEACH for $300 a month for the 9 winter months. Renee was a Rosicrucian, I was into Edgar Cayce and Reincarnation. We were old-war babies, afraid of a nuclear holocaust but not at all interested in the Establishment. I think Renee is still a JW so I won't post her pic.

Ex-Bethelites are like crows who have learned how the Upper System works, and use it to their own ends. Hopefull they are good ends!

:-))

R

• biff mcfly
    biff mcfly

Dogpatch,

I worked on every Harris press, 1 through 8, from 1987-1989. I primarily operated Harris 4, the Bible press, but got a little time in all of them. I worked on the newer Hantscho presses that they installed on the 7th floor, but they were up and running only for a short time before I left. They were REALLY nice, hi-tech presses, all the guys loved working on them. I heard horror stories about the letter presses while I was there, so I chuckle a little every time I hear you guys talk about these presses.

• IT Support
    IT Support

more pressroom boys

gymbob,

The 2nd group picture you just posted, the guy in the front row, far right with his head turned sideways.....is that Bob Batco???

Randy,

no, that was a guy from Canada branch I believe (or South Africa?) that was there to learn for a long time. I forget, Cab Wood know.

He followed us around everywhere :-))

He looks like a guy from the London branch, Peter Bell.

I think he had been on the MAN presses in London, though he had left to get married before I arrived. He then came back in with his wife, Astrid, just before I left. I think he worked as a compositor. I don't remember what Astrid did, Linotype operator perhaps. Astrid was German and Peter was always teasing her about her Nazi inclinations! They seemed a pretty cool couple.

I think they're both still there.

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

Hi Randy,

Thanks for your hippy picture

You looked a lot like my younger brother at that age.

No wonder I like you so much. heehee

Love and hugs,

Velta

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

IT: yes it was Peter! don't remember his last name. Velta, i only had long hair for about a year, then got the JW cut. But it was long enough to find myself. :-)) Randy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit