Warren Schroeder from Bethel on Freddy, Kline and the apostate books!

by Dogpatch 501 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

so......was there anything inappropriate happening in the saunas or not?

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

In other words, the inclination toward wrongdoing and the opportunity for it never coincided, for Jehovah knew that at heart I really wanted to keep doing the right thing. How grateful I am that errors are not what Jehovah watches! yeah evidently i wasn't worth the effort of not allowing those 2 to coincide. must have been a stretch for the holy spirit that

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Cab, All I have to say, which is the end of the story as far as tecxhnology goes...

PLUS

and

MINUS

http://www.freeminds.org/bethel/toons/convert1.htm

Watt

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

the
    Pressroom Conversion
    Enigma (part I)

It all started when a busload of Japanese businessmen blitzed Bethel in the late 70's and took pictures of everything imaginable that could possibly be redesigned or improved. We knew it was a bad omen. We were "sitting ducks" for such schemes, being isolated from the current printing technology of the world around us. We had the truth, THEY didn't.

The players in this drama are as follows:

Calvin Chyke and Richard Wheelock(factory committee) (Colonel Klink and Sargeant Shultz, for you "Hogan's Heros" fans)

Tom "Cab" Cabeen, Jim "Peach" Petrie and Randy "Watt" Watters(pressroom overseers) (angels, of course!)

Milan Miller, Harry Johnson and Cal Cruder (press installer and his mechanics) (Dogbert w/spectacles, Jay Leno pussy-whipped and the Lone Ranger)

• Tom Cabeen
    Tom Cabeen

Jookbeard

They all went in service, don't you know?

The joys of service are truly grand!! Or maybe...

Oh boy, here comes another story...

When I was rooming with Bill Wilkenson in the late 1960s (BTW, I would love to find him, anyone know of his whereabouts? I heard he was in Virginia somewhere, but haven't been able to locate him.), when he was still a Gilead Instructor, all the Branch Servants (this was before the days of Branch Committees or Branch Overseers) were called to Brooklyn for several months of training (their poor wives were left at home!). One of them, the BS of Sweden, I think his name was Abrahamson, came to our room with several other BS's (unfortunate initials, those). He told us a strange story. He had been talking to Knorr about declining sexual mores in Sweden.

Knorr told him that while he was in New York, where no one knew him, he should go to Times Square (at the time, it was famous for adult movies, girlie shows and the like) he should visit a few of those places so he would know what temptations the brothers were up against. He resisted strongly, to his credit. He felt that he knew as much as he needed to know about such places without visiting them. I always respected the man for his decision.

But it sure made me wonder what Knorr did when he visited Sweden and other places where he could walk the streets without being recognized.

Tom

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Did any of you know an electrical engineer named Adrian Brett? Our family knew him and I always hoped he'd see the truth about the WT.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Abrahamson? He was still there when I was there in 2000/01. The guy with the rediculous looking bow-tie?

• Tom Cabeen
    Tom Cabeen

That's him.

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Tom,

This discussion is fantastic!!! It's great to read your recollections of those exciting times.

Seeker4,

Kathleen Campbell changed my life. She saw me as I was, a shy and awkward hick from the hills of New Jersey, even though I had recently been appointed as the school servant. That was in the Flatbush congregation in Brooklyn. She invited me to her home for a meal and recommended that I read Norman Vincent Peale's "The Power of Positive Thinking" and Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People." She gave me both books and asked me to tell her what I thought after finishing each chapter. Since reading anything by a clergyman was more than merely frowned upon, I made a fuss about Peale, but Kathleen said, "Would you hesitate if you saw the book in the Bethel library? I've been there and I know it's there, so why should there be a problem?" I thoroughly read both books on the following weekend. I became a new person, and I'll always remember and appreciate Kathleen for that.

In fact, I credit both books with contributing to the courage I needed to make the break from JWs. Thanks so much, Kathleen!

Frank

• minimus
    minimus

C'mon guys. Give Knorr a break. He was just trying to educate his men, that's all. Kida like a research project. The research was for the benefit of everyone else. What a spirit of self sacrifice!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit