time to move on....

by wings 99 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa
    Ooompa.........So.....HS is a "Pretentious Prick" is he?.....I have tried to find some common ground with you..But..You really have a vile side to you..Something that is repulsive........HS is one of the few people here,that speaks his mind..With the confidence,of having thought the subject out.......Something some on this board,have no idea how to do.......Is he to blame because you are so F*cked Up on your drug,or drugs of choice?..And..He Points it out?.........Grow up!..HS is not your problem..You Are!......................... Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

ROFLMAO!!! Thanks for making my morning coffee shoot across the deck outlaw!! We sure had some early moments...but I decided to love you for who your are. THANK GOD you also actually wrote the words in the first highlight above! lol.......it just felt natual right? I am not sure what is vile and repulsive about me....but if that comes with me being REAL....as someone who REALLY speaks their mind here....and who actually IS REAL by having a tiny profile (unlide HS after 8k posts) and an APOSTAPHONE to help me get to know others here and grow the new oompa.........then I will be vile and repulsive...but it dont come natural cowboyl............oompa ps...most of us wild drunks dont do the early morning watch the birds first flight And so funny that some would consider sincere literary flow to be a rambling rant...and even drunken.....some may not recognize flow if they were in a river

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Wings,

However much you now try to play the sweet innocent, your UNSOLICITED private mail was patronizing, condescending and just plain rude.

The reason that the whole matter to this thread was that you sent me numerous obnoxious UNSOLICITED private emails, then announced that you were leaving the Board. I made sure that people knew what you had done, though I have never once mentioned what you wrote in your notes so please do not try to suggest that I did. If you have something to say to me, say it publicly, but drop the attitude and remember that I do not need 'counsel' from you or anybody else as to how to live my life. I am

The past couple of years this Board has turned from vehicle that imparted accurate, analaysed and useful information from which persons could make decisions, to a sort of outpatient doodling venue for those who need 'support'. This Board by definition can only supply limited and facile support. Any person with serious issues needs to have those issues seriously attended to, not rely on some stranger behind a computer screen who has never had a days training in such matters to do it for them. People need to know the difference between infomation and support. Not many seem too.

Take the example of Richie. He arrived on this Board at seventeen years of age, a bright kid with an attitude. He was 'love-bombed' and then empowered by some of the worst advice that I have ever seen meted out, by 'cuddly-clubbers' who once he had made some dire choices in life, moved on to their next victim. Do these 'supporters' actually think they helped this kid? Shame on them.

The concept of this Board was and is a good one, and in times past the discussions, debates and information that one could find here made this Board unique. I doubt that the battalion of the 'needy' that seems to have arrived the past couple of years have ever read serious posts by AlanF, Marvin Shilmer, TMS, janH, Ginny Tosken, Norm, etc. etc., but they should. After these they may find that the INFORMATION contained in them while not immediately 'supportive' was far more valuable in dealing with the emotional negativity that emerging from a cult can envelop us in. Knowledge is freedom, and that means freedom from neediness too.

One needs also to raise the issue of believability too. Over the years we have seen many people who actually recognizing the games that can be played with 'supporters', fake a personna, fake an illness, an addiction and cause havoc in peoples lives.

Be careful people. Do not expect more from this Board than it can fairly give.

HS

PS - Ooompa. I am glad that you have thought better of continuing your physical threats against me. Keep it that way.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Hear Hear.

Even pompous asses can be right once in a while. ;-)

BTS

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Cog....I actually didn't want to continue the "abusive debate" on cognac's thread. I thought about it first...decided I just wanted to say my response to HS. I made a mistake. OK? I am not afraid of public debate, just was responding to a post from him directed at me. That's all.

Why? Why? is it such a problem for a "nice" person to stand up for themselves? Why are we all the sudden fake for doing so? I don't get it. Why are condescending remarks okay for some and not for others.?

It's not a problem at all, I wasn't suggesting that it was. Your very question is illustrative of the point I was trying to make and HS has tried to make on numerous occassions in the past. Many posters on this forum like to view themselves as "nice". Their "niceness" lasts only as long as someone agrees with them. Then they let loose a string of name calling, insults, profanity and even implied threats such as Oompa as so conveniently just demonstrated for us. Others prefer to send their name calling and insults by PM, out of the public eye as has happened to H.S. I do believe him as I have received some on his behalf as I mentioned and have not know him to be dishonest in any way.

Why does anyone need to grow up? I'm pretty grown up I assure you...don't see any children here. Just people with differences of opinion expressing themselves, and maybe some just looking out for a friend.
    The childishness is in not taking responsibility for personal words and actions on public or private posts. If a discussion is started in a public forum, a disagreement ensues, and then one party wants to take their dispute to PM and continue the insults and name calling by PM, I too, question their motives for doing so. If any poster does such to me, I will just cut and paste their PM directly to the original thread in question for all to see and have done with it. Frankly, I don't know why HS just doesn't that.

The whole business is reminiscent of children fighting where first child calls someone a name, second child runs and tells on first child to try and get him in trouble or gets all his friends to come to his defense and gang up on first child, "We won't play with you, because you're mean!". Then second child proceeds to start calling first child even more names and being meaner than first child ever was. When this behaviour is pointed out publicly by parents (mods or other posters), second child responds, "I didn't do anything wrong, he started it!" They are unable to see their own behaviour and take any responsibility for their own complicity in argument, disagreement. Children only see in black and white. He is wrong, I am right. He is "mean". I am "nice". Childish!

I'm genuinely sorry if Wings has had some difficult and even traumatic times lately. So have many people on this board. That does not make her any less a responsible adult accountable for her words and actions, whether they were posted publicly or privately.
    This thread is NOT where this debate needs to be. I started it in a PM to another adult....unless you are privy to that I suggest you act like an adult and mind your own business. Once more, please stop. If you want to chew me up....start your own thread.

Well, it may have started in a private PM, but it is the process of posting insulting replies to what start as public discussion that has been raised by someone else on this public thread. I can understand why you don't wish to continue the discussion since you were the one accused of doing so and it doesn't really paint you in a flattering light. However, since the subject has been raised on this public thread, I have as much right to post my opinion (2 cents worth) on it as anyone else does.

"Chewing you up" has nothing to do with it. There was not one insulting or derogatory remark from me directed at you. If I do not happen to agree with the practice of posting inflammatory PM's in response to public discussions, then I feel that way across the board, regardless of who does it. It is nothing personal against you, as I don't know you at all. I used the example of other posters doing this to me in regards to HS and specifically said that you were not one of them. Again this demonstrates what I said earlier. Posters disagreeing with our words or behaviour is not "abuse". It is not personally attacking you if I disagree with you even if you take it personally or feel insulted by disagreeing. If a poster does not agree with us, that does not make them "mean", or make us "nice". I was addressing a broader issue, and since it applies to you, you take it as a personal attack.

I don't consider HS publicly pointing out the incongruency of your behaviour in sending him a private PM an "attack" against you. He is simply saying, take responsibility for your response to me. Don't try to hide by PM. You may not like it, your friends may not like, but is not "abuse". Oompa's language, on the other hand, was very abusive IMO. He has sent me a PM defending it. Again, this illustrates my point beautifully, I don't know why he doesn't do so in public as the original remarks were made in public, I called him on it in public, and then he responds by PM. I won't respond to the PM or post it here as there was nothing derogatory or abusive in it. However, I will say to him, that while his threat was not overt, it was definitely implied and left no doubt as to his meaning. Asking posters to PM them H.S.'s address and saying he would like to meet him in a dark alley leaves no doubts to his intentions. Again, adults take responsibility for their words. They don't try to back peddle and say, "I didn't actually threaten him." Childish to the extreme, IMO.

Cog

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Interesting thread.

The concept of this Board was and is a good one, and in times past the discussions, debates and information that one could find here made this Board unique. I doubt that the battalion of the 'needy' that seems to have arrived the past couple of years have ever read serious posts by AlanF, Marvin Shilmer, TMS, janH, Ginny Tosken, Norm, etc. etc., but they should

I'd throw Maximus in there as well. Although he didn't write the essays that others did, his threads, in my opinion at least, were brilliant.

Asking posters to PM them H.S.'s address and saying he would like to meet him in a dark alley leaves no doubts to his intentions

Whoa. Not cool. Threats of violence and/or exposure is unacceptable.

But in a fight, I'll put a fiver on HS.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Posting Guidelines
    To ensure all users feel safe and keen to participate, please avoid:

1. Insulting, THREATENING or provoking language

S

• Free
    Free

Enough already, Let's see what what this chick sent you HS,

• Gregor
    Gregor

I for one am getting really bored with this 46 year old married man, alias Oompa, and the slow motion train wreck his life seems to be. He has cultivated and received more personal attention than just about anyone I can think of since Trevorgate. Then he turns around on this thread and turns into a raving lunatic with threats of physical harm to one of the few posters who has never been sucked into his pity party.

I'm not a mod. but I think it's time for him to go. It might even help to focus his time and attention on his considerable problems and get some real help.

• oompa
    oompa

gregor: I for one am getting really bored with this 46 year old married man, alias Oompa, and the slow motion train wreck his life seems to be. He has cultivated and received more personal attention than just about anyone I can think of since Trevorgate. Then he turns around on this thread and turns into a raving lunatic with threats of physical harm to one of the few posters who has never been sucked into his pity party.

I'm not a mod. but I think it's time for him to go. It might even help to focus his time and attention on his considerable problems and get some real help.

Thanks gregor...I have always liked your posts and I am getting bored with me too....and the slomo train wreck....yes..btw i do have some friends and attention here....and thanks so much guys......but the raving lunitic part I do apologize for.....no drugs or booze involved....and ya....I got wicked probs to deal with....soooooooo wish i could have waited for the marriage counselor to bring stuff out...but no ............it hit the fan last night....so I slept on the couch .....ya....like that...............oompa....just sorry if i scared you.....really

• sf
    sf

wings,

It was a pleasure chatting with you in gabbly. Don't be a stranger!

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit