why even numbers are better

by John Doe 40 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

If there's such a thing as a last number, then it should be an even #, right?

Sylvia

• John Doe
    John Doe

"Last" is a relative term. As such, any number can be a last number by simply changing the arbitrary terms you're comparing.

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

Though "10" is an even number, we could never achieve it without the assist of the "1." We would still be stuck in units.

That feeble attempt at deep thinking just gave me a headache.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I'm definately coming down on the side of even numbers here. Balance is a wonderful thing.

• changeling
    changeling

I have a "thing" for odd numbers, specially prime numbers. I just love them, specially the number 19, that's my favorite. There, I said it, I feel much better now.

changeling :)

• John Doe
    John Doe

I remember, before I started school, I was fascinated by numbers. Dad showed me how to multiply on paper, and I was excited when I saw that huge numbers could be multiplied and added on paper. I used to set down and do pages of these problems for fun. Does that make me weird?

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Hmm, here's a fun one, but I doubt anyone will get it. Give me the next number in this series. This will require thinking in broader terms than numbers.

0, 0, 2, 4, 1, 2, 1, 2, 2, 4, 1, 2, 2, 4, 3, 6, 1, 2, ...

1 ...????

Sylvia

• John Doe
    John Doe

You are correct Sylvia. But, now you have to explain why. ;-) In looking back over the numbers, I see I made a mistake in the series. Bonus if you can tell me which 2 numbers are missing and where they go.

• changeling
    changeling
    Does that make me weird?

That alone, no. That, plus all the other weird stuff you say and do, yes.

But that's why we love you.

Hooray for weirdness!!!

changeling :)

• beksbks
    beksbks
    I used to set down and do pages of these problems for fun. Does that make me weird?

Yes. I'm pretty sure it's not the only thing though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit