JWD- Some of the Best Supportive Discussion I've Seen

by flipper 30 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

This place has turned from an essay loving place to AA.

The truth is that there are a lot of lonely people out there.

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

Mr. Flipper,

When I realized that I had serious doubts about my faith, there was no one to talk

to. Since I was an elder, I knew what would happen if I expressed my doubts so

I kept it all bottled up inside my brain.

Having JWD is very theraputic since we can post our thoughts and inner most feelings

without the fear of being called back to the library at the Kingdom Hall. It is also very

encouraging to read the posts of all of the friends here that feel just like I do.

I would be go into withdrawal if JWD went off line.

Peace out!! Woops that's your line.

TooBad TooSad

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Yes, no doubt about it.

And it helps to keep one regular too.

Rub a Dub

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

I lurked here for a year or two. I am not very good on typing out my feelings but I did anyway. I'm not really a good writer unlike most on this board. Sometimes what I say is not that important. But everyone here made me feel welcomed. I have a lot in common with every one on this board is because we were trained to have a conscience on what is true, and we were all lied to.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

In the beginning I came here and told my story as it unfolded to the point of my disfellowshipment. It was great to have support from people that had been through the same thing, that totally got what I was going through, that understood it down to the tee.

Stayed for a little while and then had to face the world out there. Once I got onto Facebook, joined a couple of groups there, saw that there is a place for this in everyones' life (ex jws) I came back. You just never know who you are going to "meet" up with or who you may help with an encouraging word.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I support...........momz boobz!

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

I was elated when I accidentally found this board. Lurking for several months help me realized I wasn't crazy, literally. The discussions on this board have been of great mental and emotional support.

We all have different needs and for some this board is enough to help us process our JW issues. However, there are definitely a few folks on this board that could use professional help and folks don't hold back from letting them know that.

• trevor
    trevor

Flipper

I was impressed by the way you avoided rising to the bait dangled by Hillary Step. You showed great wisdom for a dolphin. He will try again, it's in his blood.

Many years ago, before time began, I came here in an attempt to come to terms with with 'Losing my religion.' I now realize that it was no loss but the beginning of wisdom. I still hang around here being irrelevant, irreverent and irascible.

What I enjoy most is watching the big brains bang into each other, terrified that they may not drive their point home forcefully enough to triumph and their egos will go limp. Christian bashing is always fun.

Occasionally, if the sun is out, I try help people who are suffering and toss in my tuppence worth of home grown wisdom.

My aim is to avoid looking too foolish but due to my dry sense of humor I sometimes upset people with whom I was trying to have a laugh.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Christian bashing is always fun.

Atheist-baiting is even more fun.

Sylvia

• wings
    wings

I am at a reflective time in my life. My last few threads have indicated this. Don't mean to be repetitive, but.....have to say again, just have to....this board has been a support and information haven to me this past year. Most importantly, a connection to real people that I now know as friends.

It is my intention that it remains a growing living entity of diversity, help, and yes support. I hope that it will be here for others as it has been for me. When you are at the very end....very end....and then go there again....and again.....the support that pulls you out....helps you "back to life" so to speak....is....never something you can thank enough. So I repeat myself out of necessity. Thank you. Sincerely. Simon...thank you.

Just a FYI from me. I like this board just the way it is. Love the diversity, information and shared lives.....love the support and compassion I have found here.

wings

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit