JWD- Some of the Best Supportive Discussion I've Seen

by flipper 30 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Been working for a couple days, no time to respond. But my job cancelled tonight; so here I am. Great takes by you all !

CALIBER- I agree we can both encourage someone to get professional help , and show caring and empathy to them personally as well. I agree.

EYES OPEN- I too feel that people need to consult professionals when they need therapy. But we can be supportive as a friend and in discussions as well !

WEE JOHN- Welcome to the board ! Glad to have you here ! I'm glad you are benefiting from the discussions here.

ANATAR- Welcome to the board as well ! I agree with you that it helps when we read of others who had crazy Jehovah's Witnesses experiences and learning from them how to deal with the experiences.

SACOLTON- Very true point you make. If this type of support had been here in the early 80's - we'd have alot more ex-Jw's floating around. People truly are scared to leave the witness cult because of the consequences .

HORTENSIA- Yes, I don't read the doctrinal threads either as they bore me. But I enjoy hearing how people are doing ! And like you, enjoy giving sympathy to those who need it. But I agree with you - it's best to advise people to get professional therapy when they need it. People do have to solve their own problems eventually.

SNOWBIRD- " Notes from the Underground " - I'll have to read it sometime.

FEENX- It is great isn't it , to ABLE to discuss issues we weren't allowed to discuss in the witnesses ? I like that as well. And people do NEED SUPPORT after leaving the witnesses - otherwise some do get scared and run back to the organization if they get no support on the outside. Good post !

MOMZCRAZY- I'm glad your therapist said this is a " SUPPORT GROUP " for you. I'm glad you have received lots of support here too ! I know it's a hard time for you right now sis. I'm glad you are on the board ! Take care.

MINIMUS- There are a lot of lonely people out in this world. And lots of lonely people right here on JWD as well who could use a kind word or thought at times. Good point.

TOO BAD, TOO SAD - It is true what you say - elders had to be very careful as others did too - about expressing " doubts " or they'd get kicked out of the witnesses. It's great JWD has given you comfort friend. It helps knowing we have all gone through similar trials getting out of the witnesses. You can say peace out any time. It's everyone's phrase to use ! LOL!

RUB A DUB- I like staying regular too ! Very good discussions on regularity here ! LOL!

GREENHORNET- I agree we were all lied to and trained to have a conscience in the witnesses. And the cool thing is our conscience helps us see through the lies we were told. I think you have great thoughts . What everybody says here is important ! I think you put your thoughts out just fine !

LOUBELLE- I'm glad you got support from people during your DFing experience ! You are right - you just never know who we may help on this board !

QUIRKY- I'm sure that MOMZCRAZY'S breasts support themselves just fine by themselves !

SHOPAHOLIC- I'm glad you have found mental and emotional support here . It does help us process JW issues, very true. I think most people that need professional help are getting professional help of those we know on the board - Could be a few around here though with a few loose screws that could use some tightening up somewhat though !

TREVOR- Thanks for the props bro! And the kind words. I try to treat others with dignity here and rise above the confrontations. It is interesting in watching the " allegedly " big brains as you call them on the board here, " bash into one another terrified they may not drive their point home forceful enough to triumph and their egos go limp. " That is about the funniest sentence I've read on JWD ! Classic statement! ! That's EXACTLY what goes on here on the board ! Your dry sense of humor is very welcome here. And a big help. Glad you help others too.

WINGS- Very well stated by you. It is so true when we have been through a lot of life altering experiences like you have - it makes us more reflective on our lives . I too enjoy the support we receive here on JWD ! I'm glad you have received it ! We have felt a real connection to you . You bring a lot of reasonableness and compassion to the board sis ! Keep up the good work ! Ghost, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit