More CRAP from CHINA

by Nathan Natas 26 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

bigboi,

As far as prices are concerned their crap won't be cheap for long.

Exactly. China is paying as much as the West for oil. The Chinese workers are thankfully, and at last, demanding Trade Unions to protect the interests of those who do the manufacturing. Their global customers are demanding better quality goods. Their expansion is meteoric, but highly expensive.

All this spells price increases and loss of some of their market share to other emerging markets, who ironically will make an exact, but cheaper copy of what China has done to the West where its manufacturing is concerned. ;)

Ain't life cruel.

HS

• amicus
    amicus
    Let's all spend more money on everything and avoid Chinese products.

Seriously, I do when I can. I've never found a difference in price to be an issue. Product availability is another subject though.

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

Not all china stuff is cheap. They make what is ordered, so if you want cheap, you get cheap. China can make good quality good too, but it will cost more, most people look at price first and foremost, so this is what happens, no one really looks at quality "as long as it works' ....so we can't really complain.

A lot of good electronics is make in china, most hard drive are made in china.

and I am not chinese :-)

• yknot
    yknot

....perhaps it is time we unionized North America and made Mexico ( and lesser countries below Mexico) our new "china".

Seriously after having to return tons of toys with lead paint, I do my utmost not to buy 'made in China'. So far we are saving a small fortune.

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

I try not to buy foriegn made stuff, when possilbe. But, most of the time, it's impossible to do so! My all-American Dodge Ram truck? Most, if not all of it was manufactured in Mexico and Canada. My Levis?? Made in Bangladesh or some damned place. The T-Shirt I'm wearing says Nike, but it's made in Taiwan. My shoes are New Balance, which I know were made in the US. I'm not even gonna guess where my socks and underwear where made! You can't buy a TV or a DVD player made in the US. You can't even buy groceries that were made here anymore! All of the fruits and vegetables are comming from Mexico or South America. That's why every summer we have another scare about some terrible disease emanating from imported produce. This year, Mexican tomatos are spreading salmonella. A couple of years ago, it was spinach spreading E. Coli. The year before that, it was green onions spreading whatever-the-hell it was spreading. I knew my parents where lying when they told me vegetables were good for me! Last year, it was contaminated wheat from China. Just why in the hell are we importing food from China, especially wheat??? Hellllooooo???? WTF?

As I type this on my Japanese-manufactured laptop, I just can't help but wonder just what in the hell we make here in America anymore. I know that even here where I work, we manufacture a product, but many of the parts we used come from other countries and not because of cost, it's because nobody in the USA makes the stuff we need anymore! We HAVE to buy crap from other places.

I think I'll just go home and commit suicide by eating a tube of contaminated, poisonous Chinese toothpaste.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

On Youtube you can see the new Chinese made car doing it's crash test......the damn thing falls to peices!!...poor crash test dummies! They use inferior steel in the frame.

• White Dove
    White Dove
    Don't forget the contaminated dog food from China that killed pets. I thought the Chinese ate dogs. Hmm...Oh, I get it! That's how they kill them. EWW!!!
  • RubaDub
    RubaDub

Nathan ....

What's the big problem ???????

They probably cost less than half as much as good ones. So you can go back and buy another package of the cheap crap and still come out ahead.

Rub a Dub

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

RubaDub said,

What's the big problem ???????

They probably cost less than half as much as good ones. So you can go back and buy another package of the cheap crap and still come out ahead.

If your tire blows out at highway speed because of a p-o-s Chinese valve stem, and you are killed, as was the man in the opening article, you might find it inconvenient to go back and buy a good one.

I think you might have a problem finding a valve stem that is made in the USA or Canada.

Why? because the companies that used to make valve stems have moved their production facilities to China to take advantage of cheap labor and, presumably, cheap materials and cheap standards enforcement.

When you plunk down 50 grand on a luxury ride, no one asks you if you'd like the el-cheapo (como se dice "el cheapo" en Chinese?) tire valve stems. You get the valves the mfr. has decided you will get. since China has admitted that about 60 million bad valve stems are out there, we can expect 15 million cars to be ticking time bombs.

What to do? If we all switch to "run-flat" tires we might avoid the risk.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

If your tire blows out at highway speed because of a p-o-s Chinese valve stem, and you are killed, as was the man in the opening article, you might find it inconvenient to go back and buy a good one.

Nathan ...

You have to look at this from the proper perspective.

If you did die, at least your family can go to Walmart and save some money buying stuff for the funeral. Plus, if you keep your receipt from when you purchased the valve stems, your family can return the defective ones and get their money back.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit