More CRAP from CHINA

by Nathan Natas 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2004479249_valve16.html

Chinese-made automobile tire valve stems are failing due to manufacturing defect. As many as 70,000,000 may have been sold to the US.

• shamus100
    shamus100

As a Chinese Heterosexual Native Albino Midget, I find your comments very upsetting and frustrating.

I am leaving JWD.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

But it's cheap crap. What's the problem?

Kwin

• Gregor
    Gregor

ya pay what ya get for. And if your family gets killed in an accident you know the ChiComs will stand behind their product.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

You should be thankful that these corporations aren't employing expensive American workers with all those regulations, and with their high standards of living. A corporation needs to put its shareholders' interests first by maximizing profits. If a few Americans slip from the middle class, and some get killed from shoddy products who cares? As long as they meet their earnings estimates.

• veen
    veen

Let's all spend more money on everything and avoid Chinese products.

• bigboi
    bigboi

As far as prices are concerned their crap won't be cheap for long. At least that's what most economists are saying. Given that why aren't more companies willing to to invest in manufacturing stateside? The dollar is cheap and probably will be for a long time coming. That should be an incentive to encourage some companies to invest in the workforce here.

• hubert
    hubert
    Let's all spend more money on everything and avoid Chinese products.

I bought an American flag last week. The one I had was torn and faded. I got home, took it out of the wrapper. I noticed a little tag on it....Yeah, you guessed it MADE IN CHINA !!!!

Nowadays, if you avoid buying anything that's made in China, you won't be buying anything.

It's just a cycle...When I was a teenager, everything was made in Japan. It was all junk, too. Now, Japan is making (mostly) quality stuff.

Now, it's China's turn. They are making all junk.

Next, will be South America...After that, I guess we'll have to employ the Martians.

Hubert

• amicus
    amicus

It used to be crap from Japan, then it was crap from Taiwan now it's crap from China.

I guarantee two things about items made in China.

1. Quality will improve.

2. Prices will increase.

15 years from now the thread will read "More crap from *****"

I hate to admit it to myself as I'm a big proponent of buy local...but, China is changing so fast it's mind boggling. It's like those B-Horror flicks where the guy turns into a werewolf. Something totally unlike what it was is emerging before our eyes, too soon to tell what it's going to be...but it's sure going to be different.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

People say to get stuff made in the USA. That is all fine and dandy, BUT have you ever tried to get stuff only made in the USA? It is next to near impossible. Then, when you do find something with a tag "Made in USA", oftentimes some of the parts of the item are outsourced anyways. Really sad...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit