WHY we can not afford health care in the US...

by zeroday 57 Replies latest jw friends

• freydi
    freydi

The whole system stinks and has to go. There's something unreal about viewing a corpse. Our minds don't handle it well. And the thought of the corpse being us is just over the top. People spending everything they own on doctor bills has been going on forever to avoid the inevitable. But that's a world without God for you. The whole thing has to go. And it will because of the rot.

(Isaiah 33:23-34:2) . . ."At that time even spoil in abundance will have to be divided up; the lame ones themselves will actually take a big plunder. 24 And no resident will say: “I am sick.” The people that are dwelling in [the land] will be those pardoned for their error. 34 Come up close, YOU nations, to hear; and YOU national groups, pay attention. Let the earth and that which fills it listen, the productive land and all its produce. 2 For Jehovah has indignation against all the nations, and rage against all their army. He must devote them to destruction. . ."

• Scully
    Scully

freydi

The whole system stinks and has to go. There's something unreal about viewing a corpse. Our minds don't handle it well. And the thought of the corpse being us is just over the top. People spending everything they own on doctor bills has been going on forever to avoid the inevitable. But that's a world without God for you. The whole thing has to go. And it will because of the rot.

C'mon, don't make this about "a world without God". We can accept that animals have a finite life cycle (without a doggy or kitty-cat heaven to go to) - and we even consider it "humane" to put a sickly animal out of its misery. Why can we not be equally "humane" regarding our human life, to understand that it has a beginning and an END, and that it is NORMAL to DIE and no longer exist except in the memories of our children and friends.

What is abnormal, imo, is that people who believe in an afterlife are often the ones fighting their best to not leave this life for that one. If it's really so great in "heaven" why aren't people (aside from the suicide bombers) embracing any opportunity they get to go there?

• freydi
    freydi

Henry David Thoreau - Wikiquote - "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation. What is called resignation is confirmed desperation. There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil."

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation. What is called resignation is confirmed desperation. There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil."

The mass of men.. yada yada, blah blah blah, hacking at branches of delusion.

Ok so what does this have to do with healthcare?

• freydi
    freydi

Well I'm trying to point out to those at a deeper level that living in a terminal condition eventually makes life a tragedy and without hope. Fact one, people die. Fact two, doctors can't change fact one. Fact three, most people don't want to believe fact two. But to those with hope there is comfort from the Scriptures that no health care system can provide or ever will this side of the establishment of His Kingdom.

(Ephesians 2:10-12) . . ."For we are a product of his work and were created in union with Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared in advance for us to walk in them. 11 Therefore keep bearing in mind that formerly YOU were people of the nations as to flesh;......that YOU were at that particular time without Christ, alienated from the state of Israel and strangers to the covenants of the promise, and YOU had no hope and were without God in the world."

• Mary
    Mary
    Simon said: The problem with US healthcare is that a large proportion is spent on administration and legalities than anywhere else in the world ... it isn't being spent on healthcare at all ! Other countries manage to treat people who get ill when in their country without the huge fuss ... but then they have a system where everyone contributes and everyone can use it.

Bingo. The costs of normal things in the US hospitals are outrageous. Gumby told me once that when he was in the hospital in San Fransisco, a Q-tip cost $10.00. They won't let you bring in any of your own things like Q-tips or even kleenex, because then they can't rip you off by forcing you to pay their inflated prices. He couldn't believe when I told him that the hospitals here in Canada couldn't care less if you bring in kleenex, Q-tips, towels or even meals (as long as they don't pose any health threat to the patient).

No system is perfect but the United States needs a major overhaul of their health care system-----it just plain sucks. You're far better off paying more in taxes and having a health care system where you don't have to worry about losing your house due to unpaid medical bills.

I saw a couple featured on CNN a couple months ago. I think they lived in Colorado and they had (what they thought was) excellent medical coverage for the family----$2 million dollars' worth. They had a baby who required several operations and ended up dying. By that time, their coverage had reached it's max and they were left with an $800,000 bill.

freydi said: Well I'm trying to point out to those at a deeper level that living in a terminal condition eventually makes life a tragedy and without hope. Fact one, people die. Fact two, doctors can't change fact one. Fact three, most people don't want to believe fact two. But to those with hope there is comfort from the Scriptures that no health care system can provide or ever will this side of the establishment of His Kingdom.

Yes, and it is this sort of ridiculous 'logic' that keeps 6.5 million Witnesses in the Twilight Zone. You realize of course that all the elderly Witnesses that are alive today were all told that they'd never grow old in this System of things right freydi?? Yes, they were all going to be petting lions and look 35 years of age again by now because God's Kingdom was going to be established in 1914, 1915, 1925, 1941, 1975, 1984, before 2000, and now "soooooooon". These people waited their entire lives for The End to come and it never happened.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Yes, and it is this sort of ridiculous 'logic' that keeps 6.5 million Witnesses in the Twilight Zone. You realize of course that all the elderly Witnesses that are alive today were all told that they'd never grow old in this System of things right freydi?? Yes, they were all going to be petting lions and look 35 years of age again by now because God's Kingdom was going to be established in 1914, 1915, 1925, 1941, 1975, 1984, before 2000, and now "soooooooon". These people waited their entire lives for The End to come and it never happened.

Home run Mary. Not that it will sink in with dear Freydi of course.

Hey Freydi, what makes you think God will provide for you when he can't defeat iron chariots? Judges 1:19

• calico
    calico

These women receive free prenatal care including medication, nutrition, birthing classes and child care classes. They also get freebies such as car seats, bottles, diapers and formula.

It's not fair! I wanted more children and could not afford them even with health insurance! We made enough money to get by but, not low enough to qualify for any kind of assistance.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    It's not fair! I wanted more children and could not afford them even with health insurance! We made enough money to get by but, not enough to qualify for any kind of assistance.

I used to work in the business office of a hospital. We would regularly charge off 8 grand for illegal immigrants have babies. Guess where the costs get passed on to?

Now you know where your money is going, and why you can't afford to have another child.

Your children aren't important enough, apparently.

BTS

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Pooor Americans....here we go to the doctor it's free!......go to hospital......it's free....that's why I pay tax....you guys have your hands full paying 1 Trillion dollars for the Iraq / Afgan war which could have been spent on health care.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit