expenses -vs- donations............. the fall of the Watchtower empire

by DaCheech 26 Replies latest jw friends

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

As long as I've been here, i have preached that $$$$$ will be the only way for the WT to drop.

many agree on a small level, but think the WT has deep pockets.

they may have deep pockets, but I bet the investments they have have lost quite a bit since 2001.

my main calculation reguards the following hypothesis::::::

magazine and literature consumption -vs- donations

I know of 2 congregations, and let me post some figures:

congregation #1: publishers close to 100

congregation #2: publishers in the mid 60's

congregation #1: monthly donations sent to world wide work $390

congregation #2: monthly donations sent to world wide work $310

an everage publisher will go thru how many mags a month??? 12 probably? (3 for personal use, and 9 for service) and probably 1 other big publication every other month

magazine cost is probably $0.50 in USA.

someone do the math and see if the society is loosing $$$$$$$$$$$$$4

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

They are losing- what we cant ascertain is the private donations being made. Some are quite large. Also, do not forget the "Society" owns an incredible amount of real estate. and has cashed in on the local, national and international real estate markets recently.

• iceguy
    iceguy

They also trade stocks... Don't look for them to go broke anytime soon..they still bring in close to a billion dollars a year.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Not to mention they're shameless milking of older ones leaving they're estates to the filthful and distorted slave...

So much for they're families getting an inheritance.

• RavenManiac
    RavenManiac

My great-aunt died years ago. She had no children of her own but had the family farm and most of the money. My grandfather has 4 children. She left no money to the children or my grandfather. Here's the kicker: She left $300,000 in cash plus the family farm and all its contents to the WBTS. My grandfather's brother even got a lawyer to look into her will but the lawyer said everything was done up right! Tricky beastards! My mother, sisters, and her brother were so upset. I laughed. This could be one reason the WBTS survives. You can leave them money, property, and goods in your will. When you're brainwashed you'll do anything.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

sorry about the inheritance loss, but the next generation of janitors cannot leave much?

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Kind of off topic a bit, but I started surfing the net regarding tax records and information on the WTS and found this interesting tidbit that perhaps alot of people here know but I didn't. That in the states or at least some states like NY, C.O.'s get a tax exemption on their personal real estate. I'll add a link.

http://www.orps.state.ny.us/legal/opinions/v11/120.htm

• Carlos_Helms
    Carlos_Helms

I believe you're right, Cheech. It's something I've believed for many years now.

The US Catholic Church is almost bankrupted (several diocese' are bankrupt) due to the molestation thing. The Catholic Church (esp the US Catholic Church) has MUCH deeper pockets than the Society ever dreamed of having, yet many diocese' are selling off their assets for settlements and civil court awards to victims.

The Society has been a master at CYA to date...but recently, courts have begun to decide in favor of victims and find the watchtower guilty of contributory negligence. A few more watchtower setbacks and there will be enough precedent to decide cases pending in every state. Why do you think the Society diversified its assets a few years back? If sub-corps hold all the assets, the WT feels they can't be touched. The courts are seeing through that ruse too.

I think pedophilia spells financial ruin for Brooklyn.

Carlos

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

they may hide their money, but they have to still cover their expenses

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I bet they will last forever based on their investments, playing the stocks. And they make alot of money when people die and leave them their money and property.

That scam will last into eternity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit