expenses -vs- donations............. the fall of the Watchtower empire

by DaCheech 26 Replies latest jw friends

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

The bottom line for them is their FOLLOWING. They might have cash out the yin yang but the membership is dropping off...INTEREST in their crap is definitely dropping off...a couple more "THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING!" predictions and all that cash wont be worth a day at the beach in hell.

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!! I>>>>> AM THE GREAT AND POWERFUL WIZARD OF OZZZZZZZZ!!""

• from-ru
    from-ru

Donations in Russia are approx. the same.... Cool, we are rich!!! :) Some time ago we spent far more Wt money, spreading each publisher many books and magazines every month. Now figures dropped significally, but still no profit I guess :-)

• blondie
    blondie

Indirectly, if a customer has money in a savings account, the bank is investing in stocks and bonds and returns any increase to the customer as interest.

The WTS also accepts stocks and bonds as donations.

*** w07 11/1 p. 20 "The Silver Is Mine, and the Gold Is Mine" ***

Stocks and Bonds: Stocks and bonds may be donated to Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania as an outright gift.

The WTS does not view stock/bond trading as gambling.

*** g01 6/8 p. 30 From Our Readers ***I disagree with the assertion that investing in the stock market is not putting one’s trust in "the god of Good Luck." (Isaiah 65:11) Putting one’s money into a volatile system that operates entirely at random is gambling.

P. B., United States

Admittedly, investing in the stock market can carry a high degree of risk. And, as with any business venture, random factors are involved. However, it would not be accurate to say that trading stocks is gambling. Gambling involves the exchange of money without any exchange of real goods. A stock, however, represents an actual share in the ownership of a business. Trading stocks can thus be viewed as the buying and selling of legitimate goods.—ED.
  • oneairhead
    oneairhead

I think some have touched on it here but the fall will come from the R&F numbers dwindling. There will always be money in the borg's accounts but when there are hardly any members to lord it over they might as well just divy up the proceeds.

I really am convinced that a power play is going on with regards to the GB and if Losch is successful in coming into power the hardline will finally help persons fall off the fence and away from the borg.

One day all the WBTS will be is a real estate holdings company.

One

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

if they're so well, then why do they nickle and dime everything????

ex: free rooms for head honchos during DC's and CA's??

• song19
    song19

Maybe the WTS at that point can go IPO and raise some funds. I wonder what would happen to their stock soon after? It would probably tank and become a penny stock. Hey, maybe they can just keep printing shares and sell them to unsuspecting investors.

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Watch Tower Society is a business and their issues of cash flow, missing members, and stale products are all symptoms of a management problem. Ask yourself if the Watch Tower Corporation were a division of Berkshire Hathaway, would Buffett say "Good job, boys!" and leave the current management in place? Or would heads roll?

So I'm supposed to believe God's dumber that Buffett?

If the Watch Tower book printing business is God's best on earth, I'm going with Buffett, hands down.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit