Faders: When You Left, did Anyone Give a Damn?

by shamus100 45 Replies latest jw friends

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

For a couple of years I lived on my own in a new congregation and the only person I heard from was an elder who my mum had begged to invite me to dinner with his family. I changed cities and in my new congregation I was only going every month or so until I moved in with a sister whose husband had just moved out. She stopped attending meetings before I did but neither of us really heard from anybody. I moved cities again into an apartment with two younger friends, and they were the only people who chased me down for meetings, and that didn't last very long.

I appreciate having been left alone for so long. I stuffed it up by getting disfellowshipped though! I blame my mum; elders know when to mind their own business with their kids. Mum really didn't.

• shamus100
    shamus100
    The only person who actually called on me was the elder who studied me. He came to the door and told me he loved me. YUCK!

Bleah! Why do dubs say the most imappropriate things?

Scully, that's awful! Parents only give birth to you - you can make your own life and have your own family. Screw them.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I have to say, having read all the horrible experiences that a lot of you have had trying to leave the org., I am glad they didn't give a damn. Made it easy for me to keep on leaving, no hassle. A little sad that no one gave a shit, but it was also eye-opening. I didn't give a shit either, hahaha.

• Mulan
    Mulan

we hadn't been to meetings in 2-3 months and one of the elderly sisters dropped by to see how we were............she is a true believer, but also just a great person. Still alive, close to 90 now.

A few days later a teenaged girl from the congregation came over to see what was wrong and why we didn't come to meetings anymore.

They were the only ones for months and months more, maybe more than a year even.

It was a successful fade.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

The love bomb in my opinion (withoutt knowing how people really feel) is a put on. Love bombers may go to the PO and say. I tried to encore bro so and so but he seeemed so(bad remark)... To score points.

People care about themselves and about blood relatives. Peoplle who care are blood realtives in the cong but not the others., not truly.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    Faders: When You Left, did Anyone Give a Damn?

There was a family friend who made a couple calls on me as I was "fading" and her intentions were genuinely out of concern. I was nice at first and was polite but there was a point where it was just too much to bear and I told her exactly how I felt about the org, which was rather intense at the time. She said she wouldn't call on me anymore which is what I wanted. I never saw her again or anyone else from the cong for that matter. Have a nice life

Don't look back. It's over. Get on with better things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit