Faders: When You Left, did Anyone Give a Damn?

by shamus100 45 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus100
    shamus100

It seems funny to hear how some get love bombed, others get left alone when they fade. I moved and told nobody - by the time they figured I was 'weak', it was too late - I was gone.

So honestly, what was it like for you when you left the 'Organization'?

• metaspy
    metaspy

I survived a 2 or 3 month "love bombing".
    Every evening I would get 2 phone calls, from old friends of mine.
    They would say something along the lines of just wanting to check up on me and see how I was doing.
    That doesn't sound too suspicious, but it was only 2 phone calls. No more, no less.
    Plus I had just switched to a cell phone and I hadn't told anyone the number (except my mom had it).
    So I figure she arranged for 2 people a night to call me.

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

Well its like when someone moves house, or even dies, they might think of them for a little while but then life go's on and your forgotten.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I faded the way they like to indoctrinate people. By gradually getting out, they would not realize that I was doing less and less, until it was too late to do them any good. Of course, they would worry that I am not going to all the boasting sessions, and was turning in 1 hour of field circus a month with zero placements.

And there were the lame attempts to get me back. Once I remember going, and the person taking me back home told me that they would see me at the next boasting session. Not "I hope to see you", "I will see you". As if they were expecting me to be there. Of course, I did not show up.

• LearningMore
    LearningMore

I realize now how lucky (wow, I just paused when I typed that word LOL) I was to not be harassed when I faded. It was a series of fortuitous circumstances that allowed me to fade peacefully. I had been out of town for several months, then my congregation was disbanded, and the members of the congregation scattered to the other halls in the area. I never went back. No love bombing, nothing. Well, maybe a call or two, I don't really remember. Obviously not too memorable.

• Casper
    Casper
    I realize now how lucky (wow, I just paused when I typed that word LOL)

Learningmore............ "Liberating" isn't it...

I got the usual sporadic visits and phone calls at first.... then that dwindled to nil. Then there were the run ins at grocery stores, etc...and the invites and the "we miss you".... over time that all went away. Now when I run into anyone it's just normal chit chat...nothing spiritual is mentioned at all...

It's been a ten year fade now, .... "YAY...

Cas

• shamus100
    shamus100

Learningmore,

You're lucky! We're kind of had the same experience - no phone calls, nothing. I know for myself it was quite shocking being suddenly gone - but as another poster just said, it felt liberating.

I'd like to hear if anyone got love bombed like mad.

• yknot
    yknot

Well I left on negotiated terms......

Yes several sisters were concerned,

The only comments I got from the menfolk were: Good riddance (current PO, the former POs henchman), can the Momoneers still meetup at my house during the pioneer week, and one request to keep some beers stashed in garage fridge..........

My former KHs true hounder is in a nursing home, the rest are shadetree shepherds that will only act if forced. They really don't want to know or to become involved with anything other then meeting stuff......they especially cringed when I had questions regarding anything WTS.

I only got this amount of attention due to the years spent in this KHs. I know of a sister who left about 5 years ago and have never received a shepherding call.

• marmot
    marmot

Not really. I got a few "bombing runs", mainly from close friends, but not a peep from the elders. Oh wait, I did get ONE "hi how ya doin'" from an elder, but it was because my mother asked him to.

Suits me fine.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Never really experienced the "love bombing", but our BS conductor really did try, as best as he was able to. Drop in on a Saturday when they were in service, we did have a home "bible study" with him and his wife for a time, etc, but that was really about it. Then we moved, territory boundaries were changed around and it was easy to just "slip away". There was one brother that called on us every once in a while, but that was because my mother asked him to.

BB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit