Hello to everyone!

by redredrose 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

Welcome redredrose,

If you don't have a perfect JW family, it is easy for the elders to blame

the husband. Even if his wife is not doing all they think she should do,

they remove him from any "privelege" of service.

My husband was a servant/elder from 1947 until something happened

in 1981 that the elders felt eager to judge and he offered to "step down". He

was so hurt when they accepted his resignation. They are sometimes

so heartless in dealing with human feelings. My heart goes out to you

and your husband.

Hope you will find peace.

Love and hugs,

Velta

• New light for you
    New light for you

redrose, welcome!

I'm new ( a couple weeks) to this site as well, and you will find it so therapudic and full of ...amazingly enough... great people!

We always have discussed that the people we feel the worst for are those that aren't "in" but still believe it's the truth. That's got to be a terrible feeling of thinking you're surely going to die at armageddon!!

He's probably not as aware and on top of things if he was at meetings, so all the "new light " that contradicts the "old light" stuff doesn't matter as much.

We always suggest Crisis of Conscience... best book ever. I really recommend "awakening of a Jehovahs witness" equally. COC is incredible and factual... great first book, but , as a girl, I enjoyed awakening almost more. It really made it understandable why i was in this religion all this time, how it does make you feel so happy and at home with so many friends and really poses benifits ... unless you might question.

Anyway, that's just a suggestion as to where to start... it's nice to have you.

• watson
    watson

Welcome.

Be patient, try to have a good sense of humor, and you will be able to make the most out of this site.

Watson

• yknot
    yknot

Thank you for sharing you experience, I think you will find JWD a place of immense understanding and support.

Be patient with your husband, my husband was patient with me for almost 13 years before I 'woke-up'.

Looking forward to you posting more comments!

yknot

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

And the light grows brighter still....... Bring_the_Light

• uninformed
    uninformed

Welcome,

Your husband sounds pretty cool too, I bet he looks over your shoulder at what you study.

Wish you the best and welcome.

Brant

• cawshun
    cawshun

Welcome redredrose, I'm new here too and its very addicting. I can't go a day without checking on new post, I'm learning so much. I'm not a JW, I have family in and my grand-kids are the one's I'm worried about. I'm so happy you see the "new light" I am hoping something that maybe struck you might hit my kid's the same way. I hope this new thing on higher education get's around the congo's fast, that might be something that may open their eyes. Good Luck!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome aboard. I was d/f because I couldnt believe Jesus came invisibly in 1914
    I was a JW for 25 years. I made 10 people JW... I too was devasted when I was "ousted"
    Now I am very happy they did kick me out. Except I have lost my daughter,& grand-daughter as they must shun me.

Tell your hubby we would love to have him aboard also (((HUG))

Granny/Grace Gough>Mouthy

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

Hi Rose,

Welcome. Glad you recovered from cancer.

My father-in-law was disfellowshipped in 1974. Along with some of his inactive son's and daughter's he still thinks like a JW.

It really sounds like your husband might be ready to make an objective examination of some things that you both have held as important in your lives.

People that have experienced some extreme hardship and sickness like you have... truly have come into a whole different outlook on life. I think you probably appreciate life and humanity more than the average person. These experiances really make organizations like the WT seem pretty transparent.

Good Luck and Godspeed Rose!

• 1914BS
    1914BS

oh those vicked apostates dont got the trrrrooot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit