Some single older women in bad circumstances

by LongHairGal 53 Replies latest jw friends

• watson
    watson

Finally Free's generous spirit is heartwarming, to say the least!

• calico
    calico

I agree with flyinghighnow. I am so unhappy in my marriage, but if I leave, I have nothing. No money to my name--no education--no work experience.........................................thank-you Jehovah

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Calico, check out the thread I just started for a haven for ex witness women. You know, maybe there is something we could all do to help each other.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes knew one - still not married - pioneered for 20 years. Sad.

• LearningMore
    LearningMore

It always seemed like the single older women were looked on as pathetic. It was so sad. They used to carpool together, and sit together at the meetings, but they never seemed that happy. They also really struggled. Actually, thinking back, all of them lived in trailers. Nothing against trailers, but one of them was only about 15 feet long. I had no idea how she lived in that.

I know of lots of "sisters" who are living paycheck to paycheck either because they married young just to have a husband leave them 20 years down the line, or never married and never got an education. Most of these either clean houses or take care of elderly people. Neither of these career paths have benefits or retirement, so I don't know what they will do when they can't work anymore.

I am so glad I am free of that, educated, and can fully support myself! Oh, also, these single women seemed to be pushed out of the social circle. They don't get the invites that the married couples get, so they are socially isolated, too!

• Casper
    Casper

I knew of several when I left 10 years ago, pioneers, patiently waiting on
    Jehovah to provide the elusive "Husband". Last I heard they were still waiting, still pioneering and living paycheck to paycheck.

I remember one of them wanted a family so bad, it's all she could talk about and was always carrying around someone else's baby... she is now past child bearing age... such a waste of youth and time, and for what... Nothing.

FlyingHigh... I think your idea is great... I wish you the best.

Cas

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I know one...she is 47...still trim and pretty....but age is finally starting to wear on her... reg pioneer for 25 years....gave up a shot at her dream career....

sad really..... for a

Snakes (

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That is typical of them. The old fogeys running the Washtowel Slaveholdery have little tolerance for women--and want them to come to bad ends while supporting the organization. Also, they have little tolerance for children (except they grudgingly accept what they can get out of them), and treat them accordingly.

Most of them are going to end up destitute and in bad straits. How are they going to pay the bills without having any way of supporting themselves? And, there is currently no way they can have children once they get into their 50s--too many are waiting for that New Dark Ages to do anything, and they are going to just grow old and die celibate or in loveless marriages full of stagnation and tyranny. Which is what the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger wants.

Meanwhile, it is acceptable for the hounders to molest children.

• PEC
    PEC

Now I know why my father, now in his late 70s, when back, to get some thirty something witless pioneer. Make me want to go back NOT.

Edited to add: Just in time, to have her changing his diapers.

Philip

• oompa
    oompa

there is so much sadness in this thread...I just wanted to add that the economics of things forces even young people to live strange lives.....Like Calico mentioned...she feels finiancially stuck in a marrige. Well mys dfd sons best dfd friend is only twenty four, no college and has accepted a 20 year girl living next door to move in...BUT ONLY for the finiancial help!!!! He gives her some sex and attention....but is DYING to find a way to get rid of her and replace her...it really it me hard...I love this kid and nobody should be stuck in a relationship like that....I told him it is hard to believe he is living a doublelife still even though he is free from JW.....I gave him an old van I dont use anymore...and I am afraid he may soon be living in it this summer...............oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit