From innocent to...

by mind my own 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

I was looking for a legit dating site,quickly realized what it was and left. But........i always remembered what I read, and when the rose colored glasses started to crack, and I've hit this fade of mine; I came back because it seems like everyone else...if I haven't gone thru it, I can relate to many of the posts on here. Explaining JW's to people who have never been or know nothing about it can be difficult. I know people say they understand .......but really.....they can never really know I feel. How your whole life and actions hinge on what the GB says you should. Like what to watch, who to talk to, who to date, when to date, what to wear, even what kind of job ( law enforcement comes to mind, as I know a "brother" who is a cop. ) you can have. Those are simple choices and decisions for other people.

I have started to post and read here more than I ever did as of late. As you can see I'm still a newbie and joined damn near 6 years ago.

• chickpea
    chickpea

i moderate on another forum
    for adult survivors of childhood
    sexual abuse, and one of my
    resonsibilities is to screen
    submissions for the reference
    section, which archives links
    to resources for all manner
    of subjects relevant to
    surviviors' issues.......

one submission was an article
    about dealing with manipulative
    people and i followed a series of links
    and ended up here.....

it was like a switch was flipped....
    i had been in a limbo, not even
    aware i was a "fader"....

i registered the first day !

• mind my own
    mind my own

Very interesting everyone!

RavenManiac - I'm sorry about the funeral, I agree. Same thing when my Dad passed, it IS insensitive!

Yknot - Best mistake you ever made!! Glad you are here!

Megawatt & Lunafling - Right on and welcome!!

MMO

• mind my own
    mind my own

Chickpea - Excellent work and I'm so glad you found this site!

MMO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit