From innocent to...

by mind my own 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• mind my own
    mind my own

How many of you initally checked out this site for completely innocent reasons? Just stumbed across it and couldnt' stop reading, or to see what was being read with the intent of setting us or someone else in your life straight? Then b/c of what you read you could no longer buy into the whole JW fraud and left the org or are in the process of leaving?

Your experiences please! Anyone?

MMO

• jstalin
    jstalin

I came here because I was researching JWs because a friend of mine, a JW, invited me to memorial. I can't stay away because this is such a fascinating topic and fascinating message board. Needless to say, my attendance at memorial was my first and last JW experience.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

My husband dragged me here, and I can't seem to leave.....

cheers

h4o

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Quite the opposite. I already figured out that, whether or not the witlesses were the truth, I would be better off not among them. Either I would waste my whole life spreading a scam, or I would live forever in a sterile, stagnant existence totally devoid of the opposite sex. Either way, the alternatives (freedom or Gehenna) were superior.

What happened was I deliberately searched for apostate web sites. And I found a forum, from which I ultimately found (and eventually joined) this one. And now I am trying to get others who land here (and on MySpace) to see that the witlesses are a bad place to be, whether or not they are the truth.

• mind my own
    mind my own

I had already left when I started reading this site, someone had sent me the link. I also refer as many people as I can to this site!

MMO

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I came to vent my frustrations.

• milligal
    milligal

I spent 8 years on the outside and still have this huge struggle inside myself. When I was looking at the forum, I truthfully thought it would be the stereotypical 'angry apostates' then when I started reading, I couldn't believe that I was still carrying that JW mindmelt with me! After 8 years away! Now my hubby is going through the same thing. He jokingly says are you looking at that apostate stuff again? (he's also df'd) Then when he thinks I'm not looking he's on here reading the posts.

This forum is liberating for me, to know so many people went through the same mind f*** that I did and turned out to be nice, normal even successful people.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Like many others I came here researching JW's after I began seeing thru the borg. I left the religion and it caused marital rifts. I found this site and posted and had a tremendous response to my issues and have been here every since.

• dwtnphotog
    dwtnphotog

I stumbled across this site once when I was an elder but didn't pay much attention.

Then once I was df'ed, I was directed here by a df'ed friend, Fishbulb.

Been here every day over the last month, I may not post but I'm always lurking....

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I was out for many years before I found this site, by accident, when I was looking for something else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit