How much does gas cost where you live?

by reneeisorym 34 Replies latest jw friends

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I was depressed yesterday because I put in the first $40.00 tank of gas. (I drive a Toyota Matrix -- I'm sure most people should think I should shut up now ...)

I was hoping you guys could make me feel grateful for only having to pay $40. ... What about you Canada/Europe/Australia/African citizens?

It's $3.75 per gallon here.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

been hangin around $3.80 in the OKC area... didnt catch the deisel price.

• dwtnphotog
    dwtnphotog

Dang!! I just noticed at lunch gas for $4.69

• asilentone
  • The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

In Australia Petrol (thats what we call GASOLINE here) its about $1.65 a Liter, but I have a small 1.5 litre 4 Cyl Car, plus its being converteed to LGP, and LPG costs about .60c a liter, so I am doing OK.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

In Australia $1.50 per Litre......about $55 -60 dollars to fill up my small 1.8 litre 4 cylinder car.... they seem to be pushing the Ethonol blend Petrols now. 4 cents cheaper per litre....and another 4 cents off if you shop at Coles supermarket.

• Switch
    Switch

In Ireland it's around €1.30 per litre, which works out to be $7.92 a gallon. I just bought a new car and it took €70 to fill it! (gag)

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

gas price in the state I live: $4.09/gal regular unleaded ($4.79 diesel); gas in the state across the river: $3.89/gal unleaded... guess where I buy 95% of my gas? (my work office is in the cheaper state, my work site is in the more expensive state).. There are two two taxes in my state...one is a per gal tax and the other is a % of cost sales tax...plus a tiny tax per gal for tank removal cleanup...

My car gets 24mpg when I am working (because it idles all day) but 30 when I am driving avg city driving and 40-42mpg when I drive straight interstate...and yet, I still pay up to $45 for a tank in my little 4 door 4cyl car..... i spend over $300/month on gas....because of my job..none of which is reimbursed...

I dont know how the Europeans can afford to drive.... gas prices in Paris: $9.66/gal; Turkey: $11.29/gal; Brazil: $5.67/gal....Germany: $11.49/gal !!! Venezuela: 12 cents a gallon..... go figure...

Snakes ()

• tonyend
    tonyend

I'm working in Northern California and paid $4.55 today.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

I walked to work this morning, but one of the gas stations that I passed by posted $4.399 per gallon for regular. My fiance, who works in San Francisco said the station near where she used to live had posted $4.499 per gallon for regular gasoline.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit