How much does gas cost where you live?

by reneeisorym 34 Replies latest jw friends

• maxwell
    maxwell

I'm still in the US. I don't own a car, but on my way to the Metro this morning and when I was walking during lunch I was looking at the signs at gas stations. I didn't see anything below $4.10/gallon.

I know plane tickets have gone up as well, but I haven't done a flying versus driving comparison for any trips lately, and I wonder how it balances our for some of my desired destinations now. Of course, I also have to include rental costs.

• llbh
    llbh

Newrly $12 make you feel better?

David

• sacolton
    sacolton

$3.77

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

1.39 per litre went up 5 cents this week making it $6.25 Canadian gallon.( 4.5litres)

hope4others

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I bought plane tickets this morning for $486 for two tickets from Jackson, MS to Orlando, FL in July.
    It's 693.90 miles = $185 for a 30 mpg car at $4. (Not including wear on the car)

We decided to fly because we would miss 2 extra days extra from work each and that would cost us $400 right there.

• brinjen
    brinjen

It's about $1.70 per litre here... 3.79 litres in a gallon making $6.44 Australian dollars ($6.08 US) per gallon. In the remote parts of the Northern Territory they're paying around $3 per litre for diesel making $11.37 Aus Dollars per gallon ($10.74 US).

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

US$1 / liter (US$3.80 / US Gal.) for regular unleaded gasoline here in Puerto Rico.

Dave

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

I payed 4.12 for 93 octane yesterday.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    I payed 4.12 for 93 octane yesterday.

Why on earth would you buy 93 octane? Unless your car is specifically designed for that octane rating.

Octane is a number rating the preignition suppression quality of a fuel. The amount of energy it takes to ignite the fuel, not the amount of energy ignition produces. Unless you have problems with preignition (knocking) you are gaining nothing by running 93.

Caveat (Dallas in the summer can cause more problems with preignition. If your car has this problem with 87, you'll know as soon as you go a mile or two down 635)

• mouthy
    mouthy

$1.38. here

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit