I've now been outed as an APOSTATE by my dad......

by babygirl75 34 Replies latest jw friends

• buckster
    buckster

You have a complicated situation given that the father is a witness. My family that are witnesses know that they are on a very short leash with the witness crapolashine. They have been told they are not to preach to my kids and my kids have been taught to recognize it and rat it out instantly. I have taught them what their misinformed relatives believe and taught them why it is nonsesnse.

It doesn't seem as though you are in the same situation. Limit as much as possible.....no really. I prepared my kids from the get go to deal with these issues and still keep a tight limit on things especially with their grandmother. They get to sleep over once or twice a year for like a night or two. Meetings are absolutely banned. One mention of any sort of preaching that comes across through my conversations with the kids and I grill my Mom like its the inquisition. I let it be known that I was raised to shun and that I would hate myself for ever turning that button on but I would to protect my kids. No one else in my family seems very daring as I am sure that my Mom has shared this info. It really is this important.

I have been out for a long time so this comes easier to me than for most. It took some time to get to this point with myself and to find a way to keep relatives and yet let them know I won't put up with them crossing the line. I would allow contact and then nip it off completely so tha they knew I was damn serious. Had to do it a few times. Never know when I will have to jerk the leash again.

Unfortunately it seems as though you may only be able to limit so much because of the dad.

Hang in there.

• mind my own
    mind my own

I'm so sorry for your pain babygirl! This situation truly sucks! At least your parents are still talking to you?

We are all here to support you!

Hugs,

MMO

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Thanks everybody for your replies....((((hugs to you all))))

I'm in such a better mood today. I did talk to my son last night and he is having fun playing with all his cousins from out of town. My older sister that is df'd, ended up allowing her kids to go over as well. My parents are not to take our kids to any of the meetings.

You guys have given me a lot to think about. I am going down to pick my son up on Friday afternoon and bring him home.

You guys are awesome!!!! Thanks for all your support....

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

BBgirl, That is so messed up. I feel for you girl.

• New light for you
    New light for you

so sorry for you babygirl...

it shows you beyond a doubt that this is NOT a true religion. and dont forget... when someone leaves, the first reaction is for those that stay in to cling on even harder. give it some time, dont "attack" his religion, i like that you let your son go. show you're a bigger person than they are. the best thing is to get on with your life and show that you are a good, smart person that has positive views and wishes nothing ill on anyone. It's hard, almost impossible. the alternative is to rip yourself up for years to come, and you dont want your son to see that. ALready my 8 year old is trying to read this message board over my shoulder, and i dont want her to have to deal with all this. Life should be fun for her, and as long as i can keep my part positive and fun (and only breakdown in private) then she MIGHT have a normal upringing.

You'll make friends that ARENT going to be conditional! i cant wait! that is the most exciting thing i can imagine now, and i hold onto the hopes of how fun birthdays, family gatherings and such are going to be when i'm confronted with the hell and trauma the witnesses want to put me thru.

I w ish you well!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit