"We are the only ones going door-to-door" with the message

by OnTheWayOut 31 Replies latest jw friends

• tfjw
    tfjw

JWs are not the only ones going door to door. That's bull cookies!

They also like to say they're the only one's using God's personal Name. They're wrong in that too if you consider "Jehovah" to be God's Name. Many Protestants, Catholics and cults use the same form of the Name they are using.

It always surprised me when I would read in the yearbooks how missionaries would find a group of people that had never even heard of the JW's and they claim their message has covered the entire earth. Fuuuuu-eeeee!

• Vinny
    Vinny

Before JW's ever EXISTED, Christianity was GLOBAL. I wonder how that happened?

• tfjw
    tfjw

JWs are not the only ones going door to door. That's bull cookies!

They also like to say they're the only one's using God's personal Name. They're wrong in that too if you consider "Jehovah" to be God's Name. Many Protestants, Catholics and cults use the same form of the Name they are using.

It always surprised me when I would read in the yearbooks how missionaries would find a group of people that had never even heard of the JW's and they claim their message has covered the entire earth. Fuuuuu-eeeee!

Sorry if this gets double posted....something strange just happened to my internet

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Just as a word or encouragement, why not look back at conversations you have like these and learn form them. Rather than blame her for being stuck in the JW mentality, find creative ways around it. It's a technique I am glad that I tried. If typical arguments don't work, try something different! Thinking to much about how they are stuck in a certain mindset only sets you back. You are not defeated, although certain techniques can be.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Just as a word or encouragement, ....

I will do that for my wife and mother. I won't really do much of that for others.
    Sorry. I do want to free the millions of captives, but I am one man. I can't do it.
    I don't spend any time except for the occasional "sitting near/next to" or similar
    to other JW's. They need another fader/apostate in their life to help them.

I could continue the banter on this one, but I have my fader status to worry about.

Only JW's preach the truth. DEFINE TRUTH. HOW IS INVITATION DISTRIBUTION
    "THE TRUTH" ? Plenty of ways to go.

• heyfea
    heyfea

JWs think they are the only ones fullfilling Mathew 24:14. Idiots. If that's was true, then Christianity would have reached the Americas around late 1900's, just about the time the JWs started. But, Christianity was already in America.

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

Christianity had spread earthwide before JWs were ever a twinkle in Rutherford's eye.

Then, when the JWs made converts, they were almost exclusively from the religions of Christendom, converting from one denomination of Christianity to another.

The ones who were not already Christians were not responsive to the JW message.

This is a natural result of the fact that the thrust of the WT message is, and always has been, not an emphasis on their own doctrine and their own beliefs, but an assault against Christendom, and Catholicism in particular.

Hate to break it to ya, JWs, but Martin Luther did the same thing a lot more effectively, and beat you to it by several centuries.

• james_woods
    james_woods

This is very likely one of the most circular JW argument I have ever heard. We have the true message because we are the only ones with that very message.

Well good grief - who the hell else do they think would be going from door to door with this crazy message that has been proven wrong time and again for over 100 years now? And which they themselves change on a whim when things don't work out with their prophetic message?

• Honesty
    Honesty

The JW's door to door work remind me of...

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

I don't think that many people in bible times had doors on their houses, they had a flap on when they heard is" anybody there?" ,especially if it was said in an Italian accent they must thought the Romans were after them.They frequently heard the tinkling of a bell outside but that was probably some old goat come down from the mountain.

The instructions to the early apostles was to knock hard on the tent but watch out for the camel dung on the approach.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit