Do you get upset when people don't believe that same way you do?

by loosie 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I don't get upset loosie - my bliefs are personal, my christian friends know not to even argue with me, because 1. They don't get the reaction they want out of me 2. I don't fight doctrine with doctrine 3. my spirituallity is deeper than theirs and they don't understand what I have to say.

They would like to change my mind about certain things but it's not going to happen. They do voice their disagreement, shake their heads, call some of my stuff hogwash, but hey they the ones pointing their fingers and judging not me. I'm the happier one at the end of the day.

Don't let it phase you.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Until everyone is fully integrated in their thinking and has the absolute truth, I need different people to believe different things. That way, I can look at the different belief systems and see what works and what doesn't, and get closer to the real truth myself. Of course, that doesn't mean I will agree--if what they believe is blatantly wrong to me, there is no way they are going to get me to believe what they do.

What upsets me is when people insist that I believe in what they do. And especially if they have nothing to back it up with--telling me that God is good, for instance, when I have blatant evidence and am living proof that He is not, and insisting I believe He is good, is one thing I do not like. And I do not like being told that certain thinking patterns are the only valid way, and then told not to use independent sources to back it up.

• TopHat
    TopHat

I find that when an atheist or someone who believes in evolution makes a post...if you do not agree with him/her they will jump all over you and beat you with a hammer. AND then their friends will come in and hack you to pieces and throw your body parts to the lions. NOT JOKING

• loosie
    loosie
    And especially if they have nothing to back it up with--telling me that God is good, for instance, when I have blatant evidence and am living proof that He is not, and insisting I believe He is good,

I agree Wizzard. There is no proof for some belief systems yet if you say you don't that way becuase there is no proof some people act like you just said something about their mother. But yet if you have proof for your belief system they completely ignore it and put you dow for it.

PS I have never been argued with tooth and nail with a pagan or atheist or any other non christian. But I have been argued with by some (not all) Christians and JW's.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    I find that when an atheist or someone who believes in evolution makes a post...if you do not agree with him/her they will jump all over you and beat you with a hammer. AND then their friends will come in and hack you to pieces and throw your body parts to the lions. NOT JOKING

Amen!

May the Lord exterminate them all!

• TopHat
    TopHat

nvr wants this: Amen! May the Lord exterminate them all!..............Sorry nvr, did you get upset about something I said?

• dogon
    dogon

I am an atheist and have never had any one jump on me that I can remember.

There is no evidence that god exists, if you want to have faith knock yourself out. Faith by deff. is belief in something without evidence. Remember how the dubbers put it [expectations of things hoped for] I can hope that little green men will come to earth and take me for a joy ride in their tricked out saucer, That makes it faith based.

If anyone wants to buy into this fairy and unicorn type of belief system it is theirs to believe.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Not at all. It takes all kinds,...

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I believe in fairies I do I do *clap hands*

I believe in fairies I do I do

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

No, everyone has a right to believe what they want. WTS is the one who does't like anyone to disagree with them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit