Do you get upset when people don't believe that same way you do?

by loosie 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• asilentone
  • RavenManiac
    RavenManiac

Honestly, I don't get mad. We as human beings have the right to believe the way we want to. I love listening to other people's points of view. I try to get down to why people believe what they do. I find it interesting and fun. I don't give up on my convictions or change my mind. Sometimes that irks the other person. If there is one positive to being raised JW, it is that when I left I thought I was weak, little did I know how strong I really am. It made me a more compassionate, respectful, empathetic person. I think everyone needs to coexist.

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

Nah. It's too stressful to get all worked up over what people believe. Sure, I disagree with alot of things, but hey..."whatever floats your boat."

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

Nope, its one of the perks that come along with not believing anything. :)

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I don't care what others believe. I just get annoyed when people try to force their beliefs on me.

W

• moshe
    moshe

No I did not get upset when I admitted I didn't believe in Jesus anymore(starting in 1996) - but they did. Now I say the same thing, but I say, I'm Jewish, and they don't get upset over that!

• loosie
    loosie

So why do some people get upset when you say you aren't christian?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

it's not just the religious hard cases who get mad when you don't believe what they believe. The same is true of people giving out gratuitous medical information or nutritional information. they get mad and sarcastic when you won't take their favorite panacea.

• StAnn
    StAnn

My old neighbors were Church of Christ (hubby a minister) and they were nuts. They didn't celebrate any holidays. I asked the mother why she didn't celebrate holidays, fearing I had a JW next door to me, and she went into a raging tirade about how Christmas was CATHOLIC and she wasn't celebrating it because she wasn't CATHOLIC and kept ranting and raving about all kinds of crazy things done by the CATHOLICS! I stood there with a grin on my face and she finally said, "I didn't ask you what your religion is." I told her.

"I'm CATHOLIC." You'd think the statue of Mary in the yard would have been a giveaway.

She came over to my house once to see if I could give her a blank cassette so she could tape something off of TV. Sure, I said, I don't have a blank one but I have one you can tape over. That was fine with her. I intentionally gave her a cassette upon which I had taped various versions of people praying the rosary, in hopes that, when she was watching her taped program, it would end and she'd be thrust headlong into a "hail Mary, full of grace." I'm evil.

StAnn

• dogon
    dogon

No one should get upset becasue anyone does not see things throught the same glasses they do. The problem comes in that most christians including Jehovahs witnesses is that they go around trying to change what you think and what you can do. Or in other words try to push you into doing and believing what they do.

Christians try to have laws inacted to make you not have an abortion, gamble, drink, even who you can get married to.

This is where I get ticked off, I dont care if people want to go to a church and believe in the spegetti monster. But dont change laws or as the witnesses do shame you and not talk to you to make you change what you do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit