Please, I need helpful suggestions.....

by New light for you 48 Replies latest jw friends

• New light for you
    New light for you

Hi. I've been reading this board for a while, but never posted, but now everything has changed and I have nowhere to go for suggestions-

My witness husband (robert7) in December, the night before the assembly, told me that he isn't a witness anymore, doesn't want to be involved anymore, doesn't believe it. Of course, i'm a good witness, take the kids out in service a few days a week every week... very active in the cong.my first reaction was that "I cant love him if he doesn't love Jehovah" and it really looked like we surely would get a divorce in Jan/Feb. I'm the co-ordinater of fun stuff etc. at the hall, friends with everyone and play and watch everyones kids. I was NEVER going to look at apostate info, so i just started looking up Russel and Rutherford on Wikipedia, and was totally floored by finding out everything about them, and the subsequent links from that. So then husband leaves COC out , and for some ungodly reason, i decided to glance thru it.... then read it- thouroughly. I dont know why i even looked ,being a "good" witness. Anyway, as you know, once you read it , you can't go back. So then i started investigating everything i could. I wish i could be one of those people that dont believe it anymore , but goes to meetings... but once i knew better, i seriously would just sit there at the meeting fighting back crying, and wanting to run out, had to go in back and cry, just knowing in my head where all of this will lead, losing all my friends, my children losing all their friends, "losing my religion". I started feeling sick all the time, and have had severe stomache aches every day since and still. We went on vacation for a week, then i got the flu for a week, so I've been away from meetings for a few weeks. My best friend was keeping up with me thru all this, because of course i didnt' tell her how i was feeling cuz it's FORBIDDEN to discuss. She called me , a few days ago... told me everyone is asking her about me and where i am, and it's really alarming and what's going on. I love her to death, I have no siblings, we've always said we're sisters, our kids are best friends and have grown up seeing each other almost every day. She started painting me in a corner. She asked what's going on, I told her " i just dont know what i think, i just dont know" then she kept pushing and pushing and ... that was it. it all came out "like word vomit". I couldn't hold it in, here's my best friend asking me about a subject that has been causing me so much pain. Anyway, it ended that i TOTALLY dont believe the whole "faithful and discreet slave" i criticized pretty much everything, and she told me she loves me and my kids but she's never talking to me again since i sound apostate, because as everyone knows, apostates are evil and people (this is a direct quote) "go crazy when the leave the truth". Of course, after that call i was devistated, on the floor crying. the phone rings, my husband BRILLIANTLY gives it to me... it's my "service buddy" wondering where I have been, very nicely. But because of my state of mind, i told her, "i dont know whats happening, i had this terrible call with my other friend, and i think i dont believe it anymore". Then, you'll love this... talk about painting me in a corner... she actually asks me ..."are you saying you no longer consider yourself one of jehovahs witnesses"... !!!!!!!! I said " i really am not prepared to make a statement like this, i wasn't prepared to make this decision yet and i feel like i've been forced into it". Ok, so the 2 of them have called my elders, and our PO has left a message that he'd "like to get together with us".

I'm sorry this is so long, i'm shaking the whole time i'm writing this. Realize, the whole time i've had to "think" , since i read COC has ONLY been like 2 months! that's not long enough to make this decision! i see lots of people that take years! and i wanted to be able to consider everything! I know they're gonna wanna DF me .... right? I'm so terrified. On the other hand, i DONT want to go back... i think?!? even though i'm sure i want to leave, i just wanted to fade, but i think i faded too fast and now i'm screwed. Am i screwed? I cant believe my best friend was so eager and ready to throw me away. I knew she would if they DFed me, but NOTHING has happened... yet. oh crap, i'm screwed aren't I. I dont know if i can take it, honestly. Elder meetings? i've NEVER had to talk to elders EVER in my witness life, i've been such a good girl. I swear i'm gonna have a breakdown... i know thats what girls say but i feel like my head's gonna explode. ok, enough of the drama. I'm not ready for this decision yet. even though i know i've made up my mind.. i think you all understand.. .it's a huge decision, and 2 months is NOT long enough!!!!! OK. i guess i just need suggestions and support! i feel so scared and alone. OH- my best frinds mom emailed me that she's very concerned, and it was very nice. So i have ONE LAST CHANCE to email her back, and say some last thing to my friend, i need suggestions for that. something about how i'm not even DFed but she was so happy to get rid of me. She wants to label me "apostate" right away.. isn't there some WT that talks about how EVIL it is to label a group? i swear i saw it somewhere posted. ANyway, it's my last contact with her, so i'd like to look saine, but hurt and dissapointed. Her husband ISN"T a witness, so I'd love for our girls to be able to play once in a blue moon thru the husbands at least... have NO idea how to tell my 8 year old that the best friend she grew up with will no longer be able to see her ever again., along with everyone else in our world.

THank you SO much for listening...I appreciate any ideas or suggestions!

• Robert7
    Robert7

Everyone on JWD, please welcome my wife, New Light For You!

• BFD
    BFD

Welcome, NewLight. I really don't have any advise I just want to aopologize for my smartass remark on Robert7's thread.

It seems you let the cat out of the bag. I don't know if it is possible to put it back in. Some others here will have better advise.

Welcome and good luck to you.

BFD

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Wow. First off, you have your best friend here, your husband. I am so so happy you left together.

One thing to consider, if you are DF'd, it isn't the end of the world. If you want to go back you can. It's not as if they lock the Kingdom hall doors on you. So it isn't a deadend.

How about you and your husband make "wordly" friends together. Are there some couples at work either of you like? Have them over for drinks or dessert.

The women who ratted you out aren't true friends. Their love is conditional. It's scary when you first leave, but it will be OK. I promise.

momz

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You are sounding like you are not ready to DA or DF, so don't.

You can tell the elders you are not wanting to meet with them at this time.
    They will pressure you. You can decide to meet or not. It is not up to them.

As I said to Robert7, do not meet in your home. If you decide to meet (and
    I discourage such a decision, but some feel they must) then meet at the hall,
    so you can walk away at anytime without explanation. "I am sorry. I must
    leave now." That's as good as any excuse.

Since you are not ready, do not admit to reading COC or coming on this forum.
    Just dance around the questions.

"What's wrong sister?"

"I am just discouraged by the recent doctrinal change in THIS GENERATION.
    They can just change stuff like that at the drop of a hat?" (Or something which
    bugs you, but isn't enough information to DF you.)

"We would like to help. YADDA YADDA. Let me ask you some questions about...."

"I came here to listen, but I am not ready to answer questions about my feelings."

"We cannot fully help if you don't tell us stuff (that we can put you under the microscope
    for saying)."

"Okay, I guess we will finish quickly. I really am not ready to discuss things. I am only
    here to listen."

Refuse future meetings. "I am still not ready."
    Vague and no answers- that's how you avoid lying.

• restrangled
    restrangled
    have NO idea how to tell my 8 year old that the best friend she grew up with will no longer be able to see her ever again., along with everyone else in our world

When my son fell in love with the girl across the street at age 14 and was subsequently heartbroken when she started dating someone else in High School, I had to remind him that his search for the perfect mate would need to extend beyond the three block radius surrounding our house.

Welcome!

R's Hubby

• jgnat
    jgnat

Consider that your friend is reacting the same way you did back in December. She's shocked and scared that you've gone to the bad side. She reacted as any good witness would. Perhaps if you keep persistently asking everyone to leave you alone with your decision right now, she will have time to adjust to the "new you".

I would also suggest to all your supposed friends and family, that you would give THEM more than "one last chance." Matthew 18:21-22. Jehovah does too. John 10:14-16 Tell them to lay off for now.

Robert, is he any help?

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

bttt

New Light: you have a pm

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I hate to type such negative thoughts but you must prepare yourself.

Once cats get out of the bag with friends, it is very difficult to put them back.
    Your JW friends may never treat you like they used to unless you get fully
    assimilated back into the JW collective. They might, so don't give up yet.

But start looking for a life outside of the JW's. You may lose friends over this.
    You need to know that. Family will overlook more than friends will, in most
    cases. Friends often abandon "weak" ones. Sorry to say that. Lean on
    your husband in the interim.

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Welcome Newlight!!!!

Your story is amazing. I know its a difficult time for you and it isn't easy to suddenly realize that you have been betrayed by your best friends and that you may have to change your life. I know your heart must breaking right now and you will need time to come to terms with this HUGE change.

I am looking forward to hearing more from you and your husband.

You are fortunate in one way and that is that you have a support group here of thousands of people who have been in somewhat the same situation. When I faded from the Watchtower Society there was no internet and no support groups. I thought I was the only one who left and who felt the way I did. I was in limbo for years. I just found this group in January of this year and now after more than 20 years I have discovered that I am not alone. It has helped me so much and I know it will help you to.

Velvetann

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit