Your kids are doomed.

by sammielee24 29 Replies latest jw friends

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    don't get it? I mean Mormon's have their own school's why not JW's? It could be a win, win for them.

Teaching their kids JW beliefs and also helping them get an education to support their pioneering goal

Simple. Money. Culture.

Do you really think that JW's will fork over all the cash for schools? Not. The GB certainly isn't about to help out. Mormons don't forbid their kids to go to school, go to college and become successful financially - the WTS is now commanding that anyone in college will be removed from having privileges - very different scenarios.

Secondly is the culture of family. The WTS has no interest in the family as a unit and do nothing for family unity. They do not encourage after hours activity where families get together and socialize. They don't have family picnics - cripes they can't even take a small room in the KH for a Sunday school event for the kids. They lean on corporal punishment and door to door service for the kids.

sammieswife.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

SW

I guess I was looking at the big picture. The initial investment would be great, but imagine the money that would be made on donation's and tuition's.

Plus they would be able to control what the kid's would be learning.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

While there was no statement of "removal," the C.O.'s were going around several years ago, (5?) with
    an outline for the elders that mentioned how college was sooooooooo unnecessary.

I could see them take it up a knotch to make threats. In reality, as several have mentioned, they
    probably won't be removing too many elders over this. They don't have enough as it is.

It is:

a hollow threat designed to make up-and-comers decide not to send their kids to school.

a threat which makes current elders/MS think twice about sending kids to school.

something which causes fathers to stop promoting college, even though they are ignoring such
    stupid counsel, themselves.

True, many JW's kids will not get parental support for college over this. That's the sad part.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is ridiculous that people will be "disciplined" if their grown children go to college. I wonder what happens if a grown child makes the volitional decision to go to college.

This is going to be a total fiasco. Before I get made an assistant hounder (necessary, because that is the lowest point for which one can be eligible for the Value Destroyer Training School), I am going to put college in a positive light. Perhaps one does not need to go to a full college just to get a landscaping job, but the experience of living on campus is itself an educating experience. Many children use college as their transition from living with parents to being on their own, and this is going to create more "nesters" (children that are living with their parents past the age of 21 on a permanent or semi-permanent basis). For that reason, I will continue to take the stand that at least some good can and does come out of college.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Mine aren't!

Mine will go to college, get a good job (hopefully), move into their own apartments (hopefully), have several girlfriends and boyfriends, date alot, and THEN get married if they want.

momz

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev
    Mine will go to college, get a good job (hopefully), move into their own apartments

Ah....yes now we know the true reason's why we want them to go to college!

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Moving to their own apartments is a requirement in our house. They MUST live on their own before they get married. And I would honestly not mind if they lived with their boy/girl friends before mariage either.

momz

• chellechelle
    chellechelle

THIS IS SO D*MN F*CKED

• JeffT
    JeffT

The WTBS's stand on education is unforgivable in this day and age. Having faith is all fine and dandy, but you can't live like there's no future. I know a lot of mainstream Christians that believe in a time of the end, they are also sending their kids to school, have insurance, retirement etc. From a practical standpoint the position taken by the society only serves to drive young people away. Most kids these days are going to school on student loans anyway, a bright ambitious kid is just going to walk away. The truely sad part is they loose their families in the process.

@momcrazy: remember it doesn't count as an empty nest until they get their crap out of the garage.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

sammieswife,

Yes, that stuff is so crazy. It's hard to believe it took me so long to wake up and snap out of it.

No matter how crazy something sounds, the rank and file see it as a "loving provision from Jehovah".

-LWT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit