Your kids are doomed.

by sammielee24 29 Replies latest jw friends

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I listened in to the conf call tonight. One thing that I got from it was that apparently (and the wording might be a little wrong) is that Elders or MS will be removed if they are going to college or university. A person encouraging another to go to college will be removed as well. The WTS is getting blacker and it is starting to feel more evil.

Next will be df'ng anybody who is going to college - I predict that will come soon after.

Think about it.

First they wanted you to martyr your kids for their blood doctrine - let them die in the name of a few men. Now that they are getting legal hassles over that and slowly toning down their expectation it's time to find another way to keep the familys in line - and dumb. It's in their kids.

On one hand the lofty position of MS or Elder is to be thirsted after BUT if you'll only get a bite of the golden carrot IF you DONT get an education. Any parent that chooses that path for their kids is setting them down the path of poverty in a day and age when education is needed just to survive globally. So - we won't take your kids for blood - instead we'll take them poor and dumb because thats the only way we can play follow the leader, get them in and force them to stay. Any JW parent that uses the phrase in the case of 'free will' is full of crap - there is no 'free will' in the WTBTS and everyone knows it.

It's getting scarier and scarier in that place. sammieswife.

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

Yes. This anti-college thing is going to be a part of the WT's undoing. At first it was a conscious matter.

My father had tons of crap heaped on him from some of the elders for allowing me to attend college, but that's all they could do.

But now the whole thing is starting the evolution from conscious matter to forbidden completely. In a sick sort of way, I can see why they're heading that way. Part of the WT's control over people is ignorance and fear. But they've seen what happens when a person becomes educated, they open their eyes and see the WT for what it is.

Also, they're cracking down because nowadays, it's almost impossible to get a decent paying job without a degree so a lot of JWs are wising up and either going to school or allowing their kids to go. This probably means that the bOrg is losing people by the droves. They're strategy is to inch closer to forbidding college, and then telling the R&F to "trust in Jehovah" for their employment.

I would not be surprised if soon the GB announces that attending school beyond HS will be a DFing offense.

What scriptural evidence will they use to justify it I wonder.

• CunningMan
    CunningMan

They probably talk about the signs of the end instead of quoting scripture. "We're too deep in the time of the end to waste time even at a four year college" will be their rant.

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

Wait! I've got it! If you go to college, you'll be DF'd for apostacy. In college you learn anti-biblical teachings. So if you're in college, and have to give a presentation to the class or write a paper, technically you are preaching these unscriptural doctrines. Also, if you earn good grades, that must mean you believe what you're being taught in college. Either way, it's apostacy!

• yknot
    yknot

too angry to comment !!!!!!

• worf
    worf

I was also on the call tonight and the current ministerial servant who called in confirmed that elders and ministerial servants will be removed if they or

their children go to college, or if they promote college or speak of it in a positive way. Such nonsense! What more will it take for those still in to

realize that: The wts is nothing but a dangerous cult!

Worf

• carla
    carla

How do they reconcile the wt lawyers having an education? Only because it is for the work of jah? Fighting against satan (governments)? Wasn't it only a few years ago that there was a QFR or some article that a two year college was acceptable?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

So where are they gonna get lawyers from now...the Mormons? Someone should have told The Governing body Members son Judah Klien is it?....who grew up in Bethel and left to go to College.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    Either way, it's apostacy!

I find this whole thing very disturbing. It says to me that the WTS is spinning out of control and absolutely getting to the 'jim jones' break point.

I agree that apostacy will be the likely offense since they are becoming hard core about even the issue of education. The only way to reach a JW is through some even minute outside influence where they can be allowed to think independently just a little. Remove that tiny bit of breathing room and I don't see much hope for any of them - I wouldn't be surprised to see much more home schooling amongst the zealots so even more interaction in the world is removed and the brainwashing and total control takes hold. It's just sick.

I also link this up with the fact that they now have the 'witness only' magazine where they don't have to bother putting any extra information or explanation into the reading. This further cements the control.

sammieswife.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

I don't get it? I mean Mormon's have their own school's why not JW's? It could be a win, win for them.

Teaching their kids JW beliefs and also helping them get an education to support their pioneering goal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit