Is Copper theft on the rise in your area ??

by Casper 47 Replies latest jw friends

• S3RAPH1M
    S3RAPH1M

What do they do with the Copper?

• Satanus
    Satanus

The eighth horseman came forth, riding a scrap metal horse and declared, woe to those who have air conditioners, for god has demanded your copper;)

S

• Casper
    Casper
    What do they do with the Copper?

S3R,

Around here they sell it to scrap yards and use the money to buy drugs... who knows, they may be using the money for gas now.

We put locking gas caps on our truck and cars....

Cas

• Casper
    Casper

Satanus....

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

My neighbours kid has got into drugs just lately and got out of control. He's been caught stealing the stuff. He breaks into empty houses and factories and rips out the copper piping. Reckons he gets 4 sterling ($9) per kg (2.2llb). The dealers turn a blind eye to the fact that it is obviously piping and he brings it in by the suitcase.

Paul

• restrangled
    restrangled

Casper, we have lived in our middle class neighborhood for 20 years.....virtually no crime. We actually rarely locked our doors at night. Suddenly homes are being broken into every day during the day. My brother just had his robbed in broad daylight. They broke through a window and took 2 guns, his fiance's new 1 carat diamond engagement ring, other jewlery, 500. in cash and small electronics.

When he called the police, they said it has gotten out of control and they can't keep up. I don't think its drugs so much as needing cash for gas and groceries!

PS: its been a problem for new home builders for quite awhile in certain areas here. Not only copper, but the new appliances and building materials. The other problem is stealing prized plants. Exotic palms to be exact. They don't have a huge root system so are easy to dig up and take especially those newly planted.

r.

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

I attached a Motion Tracking Auto Turret to my AC unit !

• Casper
    Casper

When he called the police, they said it has gotten out of control and they can't keep up. I don't think its drugs so much as needing cash for gas and groceries!

That's what the police here have said also. They just hired 12 more to the force, most are part time tho. I wondered too about the gas situation being a reason for the increase.

Good Lord, stealing "Plants" is nothing safe anymore.... !! That's outrageous.

Breaking,

We've got a motion sensor on the one by the house...lol Hubby is building super heavy steal cages for both our units. Securing them in concrete. (Personally, I thought... heck, they'll just steal the cage too... but, didn't want to burst his bubble...)

Cas

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

There was someone killed a while back trying to steal copper from an electrical substation.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I must live in a hick town, too, because it is very high here and a few have been busted for it. Hicks seem to go after recyclables a lot. They don't work much but do work hard at dumpster diving and can collecting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit