Is Copper theft on the rise in your area ??

by Casper 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Casper
    Casper

It has become unreal in our small hick town. People are ripping out water lines in new homes before they are even finished, contractors are losing their minds...

Our house has a walk out basement, garage combo with two huge windows. All our water lines are copper and visible thru the windows... we're afraid we'll come home one day and they'll all be gone...

Air conditioners have become a prime target. We have two, one behind the garage and a new Trane beside the house.

Hubby is in the garage now building super heavy duty metal cages to cover them.

It's like you have to baby-sit everything you own...

Anyone else experiencing this...??

Cas

• dinah
    dinah

Yep. Will we all have to stand watch over our air units with shotguns this summer??

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

Yes, it is a huge problem in our area. We have some really lovely old church buildings and they are having basically anything metal stolen off them.

I have started saving all my metal "garbage" and taking it to a recycling center myself.

Bobbi

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

In Australia we just had a crime gang shut down....they were stealing copper wiring from the Train lines! Tonnes of it!

• Casper
    Casper

I'd say it's rose 100 percent around here...

Yep. Will we all have to stand watch over our air units with shotguns this summer??

Lol, Dinah... Hubby has threatened to do just that...!!!

Cas

• shamus100
    shamus100

Some drug addicts will do anything for they're fix. Yes, it's on the rise big time.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

They are passing laws further regulating the sales to the scrap yards.

• Casper
    Casper

Someone even stole our metal... "Corner Pins" from when we had our place surveyed...

Damn...

Cas

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

Yes copper theft is up big time. At some places they make you show ID now before they buy it from you.

One other thing "they" are stealing is catalytic converters off cars. Someone took mine off my car parked in a ride share lot. It cost me $400.00 to replace.

• dinah
    dinah

I've heard about people stealing catalytic converters from parked cars, too. We had a used car lot that was hit.

We've seen copper theft from air conditioners at churches, new home contruction sites, even the local KH.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit