JWs Run Over Dog and Fail to Stop

by fjtoth 37 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sinis
    sinis

Depends on the state. Some states view this sort of thing as a hit and run, with penalties ranging into felony degrees. It just depends on the laws of the land. Now the home owner should sue for emotional distress...

• John Doe
    John Doe

Emotional distress won't work. That is an intentional tort. Furthermore, the person distressed must be in the immediate vicinity and see, not just a person, but a close relative get hurt. Dogs don't count.

• PEC
    PEC
    Someone poured used cooking oil onto the driver’s seat of a 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis and stole the stereo and a cell phone while the car was parked at the Riverbend Apartments Sunday, a police report states.

Another tidbit, just in case anyone missed this one.

Philip

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

The door to door work can be hazardous to householders.

Another Georgia incident: My cousin was telling me about her neighbor several years ago that had a 3 year old child. The mother was always very careful to keep the gate shut so the child could not get out.

JWs came to the door; then left and did not secure the gate on their way out. The child went out into the yard and found the gate open. She escaped and was found drowned in a creek in the woods at the end of their dead end street.

So much for their important life saving work.

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

I'm sorry but I can't find anything in the motor vehicle handbook about reporting hitting an animal.

Most people around here view animals as the owners responsiblity. I didn't chase down the party that hit the family cat.

It must really be a slow news day in Milledgeville, Georgia.

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

MeneMene: That is terrible... you would think that it would get a lot of press.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

In Brittain you are not allowed to keep Pit Bulls anyway ....since the "Dangerous Dogs Act"

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I would run them down and force them off the road if I saw that......."WITNESS THIS B#TCH!" {WHACK Screeech}

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit