JWs Run Over Dog and Fail to Stop

by fjtoth 37 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    I had to use the car's tire change jack to get it up and off him.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

What does the law even say in that state about hitting animals? Is that a hit and run?

I've hit two dogs in my lifetime once in my excursion (sucker was definitely dead!) and once on my motorcycle in NY (it was REALLY REALLY dead) both times I was miles from anywhere and both dogs were clearly dead. I stopped when I hit the one on my bike because it was kind of... Well not to go into detail but it was kind of stuck?! So I had to stop. The one I hit with the excursion I didn't stop. He was dead no question he was dead and I was miles from the closest house so what would stopping have accomplished?

I just wonder what the law says? I couldn't find anything on Google about it.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    Actually this thread seems funny in a sort of sick way.

I am glad that I was not the only one who laughed at the visualization of a group of witlesses running over the dog and discussing the event. I am also extremely upset by these events. - Just in case any dog lovers read this post.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Maybe that was he only way they could get them to come to the door.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I know what makes this story funny - in a sick way.

They were riding a Van. The story wouldn't work if they were in a Camry.

• lrkr
    lrkr

Not much news in Georgia, eh????

• mouthy
    mouthy

Now lets be fair..I am sure they didnt do it on purpose. It must have been an accident. I truly do believe they are decent folks really,,,They just have to follow the Masters Voice( Rutherfords
    I too hope they get charged, maybe it will make them think twice before going into a driveway in the 1st place

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

If the mailman did it we wouldnt care ........... Loose dogs are the owners risk. Accidents happen. They could fight the ticket an beat the fine.

I have hit a few dogs ...they were on 55 mile anhour state roads. You feel bad... but they should be put up.

Hill

• John Doe
    John Doe

Hillbilly, I agree that dogs should be kept off of public roads. They are a traffic hazard and the owner bears responsibility. However, sounds like these folks ran over the dog in the owner's driveway. That changes things somewhat.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

if this ends in traffic court... about the only thing they will pay for is the faliure to report violation... and that will probably get suspended

In civil court the owner might sue for damages and value of the dog... but they wont be able to prove safe control of the dog and will not be awarded the claim

I watched all the Judge shows the last month or so... nursing a broken leg... I go for the Bar exam Monday.

Hill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit